• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sick Mousebird??

SPOOKIE

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Arina
Hi, my daughter brought home a baby mousebird. We feed it small amounts of mashed fruit and water. We have it for a week now. Tonight when she fed him he throw up his food. He is also not so active as usual. We try to fed him 2 hours apart. How do we know if he is ill or just a bit unwell? His poop is also green. We fed him peaches and banannas. Please help. We dont want him to die. My daughter loves him very much. Im from Kroonstad.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
They sell bird formula. I used it when we found two baby wild birds last spring.

Mama Kirs

Strolling the yard
A member called Barsat also posted this week about a very young mousebird she found. Perhaps nice to get in contact with him/her.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

mythic55

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Africa: Im here for you. Trust.

Do you have any idea how old the mousbird is?
If you can post a picture- it could be very helpful. Then I can advise.
By the photo I should be able to tell the issue, some things will be apartent: imaction, infection, dehydration, etc

For now: make sure the bird is warm- and that might mean your mean to take it in your bussom out in the heat of day!
See if you can find 'electrolyte' solution at your local chemist. If you cant find it, i can help you make it.