• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Sick Lovebird -possible liver disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
We leave in 5 and a half hours,wish us luck that the weather lets us out of Juneau!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Lots of prayers for both of you to get the healing you need and that you have a safe, smooth, stress free flight there and back.

Ginger

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I have to say, this is the MOST I have seen someone go to save/help their bird, in ALL the years I have been on the bird message boards
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Danita, over the years I have actually had people fly in and have me look at their tiels. And if it was something in urgent need I could get them right in to see a vet quickly.

We have to do what we gotta do if there is no one qualified locally.

There was a lady in GA that was not getting any results or causes for what was wrong with a handfeeding baby and it was going downhill. I knew what was wrong with the bird, but her vet disagreed. So she hid the tiel in her purse and flew down. The pix's of her bird below show what was going on.

A man from MA visited me with his teenaged tiel because it had a dropping wing and the vets and X-rays did not show that it was broken. I held out the wing and had him feel it to show where the wing was broken and where the bones overlapped to knit back together. My vet was there for a flock visit of my birds and he examined the bird and confirmed it was a healed break.

Good luck on your trip :hug8:

Attachments

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good luck!! Hoping the next time you are able to check in is good news that you got here safely :hug8:

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Plane boards in about 20 minutes! Got my heating pad,heat panel,formula just in case,blankets and pretty much everything but the kitchen sink!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope everything went well and you made it safely :)

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
We're safe and sound in Cali! I can't believe how chilly it is here,thank goodness for oil filled radiant heaters and my Avitech heat panel. Zeus has been full of energy today and chirped quite a bit and has been pigging out. I introduced Zeus to my niece who will be 3 later this month and the two of them were so sweet together. I'll have to post pics later,I've got some really cute ones :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
glad to hear that you made it safely and are settled in :heart:

Feyoka

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ingrid
Welcome to our foggy California! Best wishes to you and dear Zeus. ♥

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Glad to hear you made to down to CA safely.

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Vet appointment is tomorrow woo hoo! Here's a couple pics of my wonderful niece Faleena who is just mesmerized by Zeus. Zeus did so good with Faleena considering it's the first young child who has held him. She picked up the step up command right off the bat and sat on my bed singing songs to Zeus and telling him how much she loves him :swoon: I just adore her so much,here's a couple pics of the two of them. I love those two so much,it's been a pleasure getting to watch them play and bond.

The first meeting she's not too sure of herself

Time for dinner

Best friends

Faleena was singing to Zeus and telling him how much she loves him.

She got Zeus all excited and he wanted to sing her a song,but it hurt her sensitive ears.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Aw, those are great photos. I hope the vet can figure out what's wrong with the little guy and that you get the healing you need too.

Ginger

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so glad you made it alright ..those are fantastic pictures ....hope they can figure out what is wrong...:hug8:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So glad you made it safe! Crazy weather we've been having. :( Thinking super positive thoughts for your appointment today! :hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh I'm sooo glad that you and little Zeus arrived in California safely.. :hug8: Oh and your little niece is sooo adorable.., :heart: Sending over positive vibes that Dr. Lavac is able to help your baby.. .. :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Angela what absloute beautiful pictures..you have a budding bird lover there. Many prayers that Zeus will get what he needs to get well. :hug8:

MBS

Jogging around the block
I hope everything goes well with the vet visit. Welcome to CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.