• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

sick doggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellas momma

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
My dog and my moms dog both threw up eggyolk yellow colored liquid this morning. We have no idea what the cause is they havent ate anything different. They both seem fine except for when they got sick. My older dog hasnt gotten sick yet that is for both of them just did this in the last hour. Any ideas of maybe what it is my moms dog was just at the vet yesterday. For a ear fugus and nails trim vet said he was fine.

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
Mine do the same thing every once in a while. I would watch and see how they are and if it continues you might want to give them something, if it doesn't it could be that they ate or chewed on something they shouldn't have. Do they go outside any?

SplishSplash

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brittany
The yellow foamy like puke (Sorry if thats too much info) is a dog with an empty stomach. Did they eat or anything? My Shih-Tzu gets this because hes stubborn and doesn't eat much. As long as they are acting normal and eating and drinking I wouldn't worry.

rocabird

Real Name
dawn
The yellow liquid is bile from their stomachs. Definitely keep an eye on them for any other signs of illness. You may even want to take a look around the yard for anything unusual.

My one dog will vomit every once in a while for seemingly no reason. I've heard of some dogs who vomit early in the morning on a regular basis, but are otherwise okay. Some people feel it may be from going all night without food and have found that giving them a biscuit before going to bed helps reduce it.

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
Thanks you all they both have been fine since there one issue. They both eat before bed and had ate this morning. Who knows might have just been because they played to hard first thing this morning. My dogs came with me from utah and had a very small yard. So my younger one has been playing no stop with my moms dogs.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
another thing to consider - when were they wormed last?

Wilder

Walking the driveway
I'd keep an eye on them for lethargy or any other symptoms, but my dogs will do this if they have empty stomachs. If your dogs have been playing a lot, they may be needing an extra snack to get them through all that exercise. We give a biscuit to the dogs at bedtime now and no more issues with early morning vomit. Though I have to say, nothing gets you out of bed faster than hearing a dog horking on your rug.... :rolleyes:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Poppie vomits regularly *sigh*
In the morning, as said, and sometimes she'll eat something and then go CRAZY playing for a long time, and throw everything up afterwards..

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Mine sometimes do this after eating a bunch of grass....hope they are ok.

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
Thanks guys they have been fine all day both just got sick once. We feel it was caused from them waking up and going out and playing right away before they even ate anything for breakfast.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
glad to hear they were better yesterday, hope they are doing great today! :)

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Hope they're feeling better now! Topaz will do that bile vomit thing too if I'm too late with his breakfast. Just like people, they can get used to a schedule and their stomach might produce enough in preparation that it gets irritated and they puke if the meal doesn't come as expected.

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Our OES will do this once in a while. I give him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a teaspoon of slippery elm mixes with 4 teaspoons of water mixed and spread on the bread.

gary

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
thanks for the tip Gary - mine will eat anything on bread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.