• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent sick budgie?

Leothebird

Moving in
Real Name
Lily
We recently bought a new budgie but it noticed its wings were droopy, it stood a big lower than the other and it had a brown mark on it's beak. Im not sure if i may be overthinking it but here are some photos, its the green and yellow coloured bird
20230218_130501.jpg
20230218_130626.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I would move it to its own cage..but keep it within site of the other's. So you can monitor poops and food intake.

It's really best to quarantine new arrivals before adding to yiur flock. To make sure you aren't introducing any sickness to your birds.

I csnt tell enough from the pictures

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
When a budgie's wing droops it can mean they do not have the strength to hold it in a more normal position. One should take any new bird to a vet for wellness check so add the wing droop as a second reason.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Did you take the bird to a vet?

Leothebird

Moving in
Real Name
Lily
Did you take the bird to a vet?
I asked the owner why she stood a little unusual and he said she bent her back while she was hatching from the egg, i was wondering why her back was so bent. This could be why her wings are droopy?
Overall she seems to be good and Doesn't fluff up sitting still like sick birds usually do. I'll update again soon