• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sick? Budgie wheezing / croaking when breathing (sad update post #8)

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Thank you. Do not worry, your budgie will have a good another life. We are trying to do whatever we can, but also the best veterinary care does not have all the tools. IS it known what was the cause of your budgie problem, or just suspicion?

Scorpi0

Sprinting down the street
Thank you. Do not worry, your budgie will have a good another life. We are trying to do whatever we can, but also the best veterinary care does not have all the tools. IS it known what was the cause of your budgie problem, or just suspicion?
Thanks!

The vet was suspecting a blocked airway because of how quickly he became sick. And when she performed the air sac cannula procedure my bird started breathing normally. So the vet was correct.
Unfortunately, my bird had already gotten too weak and his heart just stopped beating.

I have a video of his final minutes before he died and he was just so weak. It makes me want to cry when I watch it. :no:

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
I totally compassionate with you, I know your feeling. LEt them be there, it is ok. you can send me an email : ivan.vanca2@seznam.cz. I am now going through very similar situation. You are not the only one. I would wait some time and then got another budgie male for your birds in some different colour maybe.

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Scorpio, is it possible to contact you here on messages or email?

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry for your loss :sorrow:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am very sorry for your loss.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
@Scorpi0 here is a link to the safety forum

Make sure to look over the posting in this forum about unsafe toys.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh that was heartbreaking to read, and I can only imagine your sadness. You did everything you could to save him, so please try not to beat yourself up. When we know better, we can do better. Bless you dear. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :sadhug2:

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I am so sorry for your loss :sadhug:
Thank you for sharing the story, I learnt somethings from it.
Fly high little one :sorrow:

Scorpi0

Thank you everyone! Its been a few days and Im doing better. I’ve been spending more time interacting with the rest of my flock, and they are molting so there are feathers everywhere!! They all still seem to be in good spirits too!

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Sorry for your loss. I'm glad the rest of your flock are doing okay. :sadhug2:

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
I am so sorry, @Scorpi0. Thank you for sharing the details with us, for our education, although truly it sounds like there was nothing you could have done. My vet says that she has had budgies whose hearts failed in her hands during a simple examination just out of the combination of fear/poor physical condition. The greatest (and for me, ONLY) downside of budgies and birds in general as companions is their delicacy.

Scorpi0

I am so sorry, @Scorpi0. Thank you for sharing the details with us, for our education, although truly it sounds like there was nothing you could have done. My vet says that she has had budgies whose hearts failed in her hands during a simple examination just out of the combination of fear/poor physical condition. The greatest (and for me, ONLY) downside of budgies and birds in general as companions is their delicacy.
Yes I have heard that budgies can die just from being scared. They are very delicate so anytime I interact with my birds I try to read their behaviors. Every morning I check their droppings to see if theyre all normal. I feel like its my job to keep them happy and healthy. But sometimes theres only so much we can do.