• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Sick budgie-vet isn't open till Monday

babybagel

Sitting on the front steps
My budgie has been breathing hard with his mouth open for about an hour or so. I can't seem to attach a video, so here's a picture. He's been really sedentary for the past few days, but I thought it was just because he's molting. He's also making a clicking noise as he breathes. He breathes hard for a bit, then acts normal, then starts breathing hard again.
He has had this breathing issue previously and we rushed him to the vet then, but they weren't able to look at him. The next day after that he was acting normal
VideoCapture_20240406-231559.jpg
I feed him a diet of seeds, leafy greens, corn etc. One other budgie seems like he's having the same problem, although not as bad, and the other three are normal.

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Hopefully your budgie is back to normal by now. But where do u live? We might be able to find some avian vets around u that are open on the weekend. How old is your budgie? What is the temperature there? What do they eat?

babybagel

Sitting on the front steps
Thanks for the response. He's acting better now, but us fluffed up+ still looks sick. I've already checked all the vetinary offices where I live and none of them are open till tomorrow. I've put the diet in the post (under the picture). The temperature is about 21-23° C. I believe he's about 3 ½ years old.

Also a side note, when he was breathing hard yesterday, I would blow towards his face for a bit, and then he would stop breathing hard and would calm down, then start again after I stopped blowing.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Honestly it's hard to tell. From your description I'd suspect either an airsac infection or airsac mites. From his appearance I'd also suspect scaly face mites. In any case get him to a vet, whether he's showing symptoms or not - TODAY!