• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sick bird?

Pixy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Helen
Hello

my cocktiel bird of 8-9 monthes old, since this morning that she woke up even before eating and after eating , she pooped multiple times (green poop) that i have never seen it’s very green and im really concerned if whether she is sick or not? Her diet has some vegetables in it but not everyday…

PS/ pictures are attached

Attachments

Pixy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Helen
Literally all my threads are ignored i don’t even know why i post here anymore

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Hi
Im on earlier than normal. We are just regular people helping each other. Some people don't feel comfortable with health issues so don't post out of abundance of caution.

Because this is first morning poop. They are often green due to build up of bile acid from fasting and holding poop. So I don't evaluate morning poop. They are often abundant abd green.

Let's see how the rest of poops go today.

How's his behavior? Eating breakfast?

Pixy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Helen
No
Hi
Hi
Im on earlier than normal. We are just regular people helping each other. Some people don't feel comfortable with health issues so don't post out of abundance of caution.

Because this is first morning poop. They are often green due to build up of bile acid from fasting and holding poop. So I don't evaluate morning poop. They are often abundant abd green.

thanks for the reply , its night here and she’s having same color poop, and she is behaving like any other day and eating well , acting normal, im really worried

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
It looks like you posted about 530am EST (US). A lot of members are US based, so 530am is early for us :roflmao:

What does she regularly eat?

Pixy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Helen
Hi

It looks like you posted about 530am EST (US). A lot of members are US based, so 530am is early for us :roflmao:

What does she regularly eat?
Uhh i didn’t know the time in there , she has seed based diet everyday , and some days she eats veggies but not alot , like once or twice a week, she’s been eating like this since 4 monthes of age and she had no problem or no poop color change so i don’t know if she’s sick

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Uhh i didn’t know the time in there , she has seed based diet everyday , and some days she eats veggies but not alot , like once or twice a week, she’s been eating like this since 4 monthes of age and she had no problem or no poop color change so i don’t know if she’s sick
If you're concerned, the best thing to do is to head to an avian vet. That's honestly the best way to combat your being worried - they can do a fecal test at the very least to check for bacteria and what not.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What do her droppings normally look like? Birds on a seed based diet will have green droppings.

Pixy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Helen
What do her droppings normally look like? Birds on a seed based diet will have green droppings.
Normaly they are dark like any other bird but this is her first time and she has always been on seed based diet and never had this color dropping