• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Clairdelun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nuhathyy
My cocktiel has been sitting silently for 3 days or more .just sleeping and very less to no vocalising.doesnt seem to to eat or drink water much.
Noticed it very weak today .It was sitting at the bottom of the cage.And looks like might fall anytime now .HELP?

ALSO ANY CHEAP ONLINE VET I CAN CONSULT ?

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Im sorry your baby is so sick.
Im not good at finding nearby veterinarians. But I think some members are good at helping people thst way.

But it is getting urgent. Once they are so sick thst they show it and are weak bottom of cage sitting....its serious. They do need to be seen right away by a veterinarian.

Keep them warm. Keep them quiet and in cage so don't burn up their reserves. Keep offering favorite like millet spray . Until you can get help..

Clairdelun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nuhathyy
Im not good at finding nearby veterinarians. But I think some members are good at helping people thst way.

But it is getting urgent. Once they are so sick thst they show it and are weak bottom of cage sitting....its serious. They do need to be seen right away by a veterinarian.

Keep them warm. Keep them quiet and in cage so don't burn up their reserves. Keep offering favorite like millet spray . Until you can get help..
Yes trying to but it keeps vommitting .Haven't pooed in 40 mins

Clairdelun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nuhathyy
Get to a vet in person ASAP. It is never worth delaying a visit in these circumstances.
We don't have a vet in our country and that's why I'm trying to get an online vet .can you share?

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
A vomiting, down bird is an emergency .
Some vets will let you make payments. Are there friends and family you can borrower from?

There just isn't much I can offer as help from afar. Other than basics of warmth. Quiet, tempting foods an water near to them.

What is your country?
Some places have Avian veterinarians due to tge popularity of falconry and high value of some of these

Last edited:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
This one mentioned global

Long Beach Animal Hospital – website: Long Beach Animal Hospital Homepage … The following veterinarians work with people from countries where there is no vet, particularly the Asian countries
  • William Ridgeway
  • Claudine Seto
  • Alexis Yamamoto
  • Elizabeth Wood
  • Michelle Baccaro

Last edited:
Reactions: tka

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Jaime Samour, UAE, Abu Dhabi, recommended by avian vet for anybody in the mid-east. jaimesamour@hotmail.com

Wrsan Farm, P.O. Box 77338, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Phone: 0097125638862. Fax: 009125638827

Long Beach Animal Hospital – Tel. 1-562-434-9966 – www.lbah.com/

Clairdelun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nuhathyy
A vomiting, down bird is an emergency .
Some vets will let you make payments. Are there friends and family you can borrower from?

There just isn't much I can offer as help from afar. Other than basics of warmth. Quiet, tempting foods an water near to them.

What is your country?
Some places have Avian veterinarians due to tge popularity of falconry and high value of some of these
I'm from Maldives .It doesn't have a vet clinic for birds at all.

Clairdelun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nuhathyy
Get to a vet in person ASAP. It is never worth delaying a visit in these circumstances.
Not possible at all .no vets here and not possible to travel .he's vomitting a lot too

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I really care, and wish I had some way of helping.
:sadhug2:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you contact this clinic? Don't know if they treat birds but they are located in the Maldives.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Best of luck with your baby :hug8:

Clairdelun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nuhathyy

Ok update:
I went to this guy who has 30+ years experience with birds .He said it's not too late .looks like contaminated water positioning or the food is bad .either one .said give multivitamin for few days and observe before giving actual medicine .and change the current food we give .we have like 10 birds so he asked to seperate zetsu from the rest of them and let it rest

So far no improvement .it's even more silent now .fed it baby food by force so it will get a bit of energy to stand

Clairdelun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nuhathyy
Can you contact this clinic? Don't know if they treat birds but they are located in the Maldives.
It'll take time for me to take leave from work.it might be too late.have a lot of travelling before we can reach there .and it's a cat vet I think .

Clairdelun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nuhathyy
Jaime Samour, UAE, Abu Dhabi, recommended by avian vet for anybody in the mid-east. jaimesamour@hotmail.com

Wrsan Farm, P.O. Box 77338, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Phone: 0097125638862. Fax: 009125638827

Long Beach Animal Hospital – Tel. 1-562-434-9966 – www.lbah.com/
Ok update:
I went to this guy who has 30+ years experience with birds .He said it's not too late .looks like contaminated water positioning or the food is bad .either one .said give multivitamin for few days and observe before giving actual medicine .and change the current food we give .we have like 10 birds so he asked to seperate zetsu from the rest of them and let it rest

So far no improvement .it's even more silent now .fed it baby food by force so it will get a bit of energy to stand

Clairdelun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nuhathyy
Ok update:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I am just hoping your baby will pull through. I think those links @Pixiebeak supplied are great.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Ok update:

Well that makes no sense to me , considering he lives with other birds all fed thr something and drinking the same water