• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sick bird

Kiwithebird

Meeting neighbors
Hi, I’m currently in a sticky situation. I noticed today that my parakeet, Remie, was on the bottom of the cage and would fall over if he tried to move and has his eyes closed. Unfortunately the vet we usually take them to no longer takes birds. I have called all over the state and no one is taking new patients or has no appointments available. Until I can get something is there anything that I can do to keep him comfortable until I can get him in? I have taken him out of the shared cage and he is by himself.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What you describe justifies a trip to emergency vet. Call around and see if you can locate. Keep him warm in the meantime.

Kiwithebird

Meeting neighbors
Unfortunately I couldn’t get anything, there isn’t a whole lot of avian vets in Wisconsin. I called everyone and they either had no openings or was not taking new patients.
Unfortunately when I got home from work Remie had passed. But thank you so much for the suggestion.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I'm so sorry this happened:(