• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Sick African grey

Goosie

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Grace 49
My 22 year old male African grey is behaving strange he's lying g down on me all the time he shakes aswell he still eating g and drinking but he's not as vocal as he usually is .he hurt his leg a few mo the ago and won't let it heal it gets better then he picks the scabs off we have tried everything so far and do t no what else to do im so worried and don't want to lose him

Attachments

Goosie

Real Name
Grace 49
My grey is 22 and is behaving very strange he hurt his leg about a month ago and won't let it heal we have tried everything to stop him picking at it no matter what we try he gets it off we also got him antibiotics for sick birds to make sure he dosent get infected . He's lying down on me all the time with is wings apart and he shakes please help if you can

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Has he seen a vet? Unfortunately antibiotics can't heal everything and sometimes even bacteria will react differently to different antibiotics. He could be in pain?

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Birds typically hide it very well when they are sick. As he's not hiding it, you might want to consider an emergency vet or avian vet. I wouldn't wait if that were Louise. Best of luck

Goosie

Real Name
Grace 49
Has he seen a vet? Unfortunately antibiotics can't heal everything and sometimes even bacteria will react differently to different antibiotics. He could be in pain?
Thanks for your advice