• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shower

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
My linnies don't like to shower. Tried a bath in their cage, shower them in the sink, got spray bottle.

Anybody has a tip for me?

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I bring Gigi into the bathroom and she hops on to a little stand perch. I lightly spray her with warm water, from above her, and she opens her wings and leans down, moving all around to get every spot. She seems to like it about every 4 days. More than that and she isn't as enthusiastic.

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
I heard that you should bathe your bird more often especially if it’s molting. Is this true?

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I have a similar PVC stand I set in the shower for the m to bath on. Sometimes they're really onto it, other times not so much. Baths are always good!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I heard that you should bathe your bird more often especially if it’s molting. Is this true?
Sure, I think birds like a shower especially when molting. I'm sure it helps with itchies and gives them a reason to do a thorough preening.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I missed this post. My boys love the spray bottle, it's kind of a fine mist. Not great pics but it's hard to spray and take a pic at the same time. They will hang upside down and open their wings and floof their feathers.

Attachments