• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Show me your ponies!

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Or your horses :D Even though my one gelding is 16.2, I still refer to him as "My Pudgy Pony" :lol:
I currently have 2:
Booker, a morgan gelding that my family bred back in 2002. I'd overheard my mother calling into work at 5:00 AM because Lexy, his dam was in labor. So rather than going to my early track practice, I skipped and had my friend drop me off and went straight to the barn :roflmao:. I've been with him ever since, and I hope and pray I'm never in a situation where I have to sell him. My intention is for him to spend the rest of his days being my spoiled, glorified lawn ornament :D

Here is Booker:
upload_2017-11-15_10-11-31.png
And this past summer, I recently rescued another Morgan from slaughter. He was in really tough shape, but a wonderful boy who didn't deserve to be sold for meat! He'd clearly had a rough life. His front tendons both showed signs of significant stress, with one requiring extensive rehabilitation. He was skin and bones, and lame, but I couldn't say no! He's still at the quarantine facility, as he was clearly ill, and they didn't think he would be fit for travel to MN, even after the 30 day period. He's still not passing his release tests, despite being on multiple rounds of antibiotics, but the vet is quite hopeful. He's made an amazing recovery so far! He just needs a little more TLC before he can get the green light to hop on a trailer and head home to MN :)

And here is Vic!:

upload_2017-11-15_10-12-6.png

upload_2017-11-15_10-13-51.png

Attachments

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Poor boy! I hope he can come home soon!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahwww thank you for rescueing him:heart: I hope Vici recovers soon! I really think be is a gorgeous boy:rolleyes:
It is so cute that you have known Brooker literally ALL his life! You have been through everything together:heart:
image.jpeg
This my girl, Seria, not actually Mine but I used to be with her a lot. She lives at the farm of my grandparents, together with an other horse, in the image.jpeg image.jpeg
She is nearing the 30 now but still my feisty girl:heart:

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Handsome boys! I have four. One 19 year old quarter horse mare named Priss. One welsh pony gelding named Bugg and two mini horse mares (palomino and appy) Bunny and Jewel. Here is my equine kids. 32940670-ED5A-4801-B239-1EB2F748680F.jpeg 57FAECC0-4DBD-4BEA-BF85-F2504DE3CB41.jpeg 8D5E706B-75A0-4673-9FEC-AAAF7A08B293.jpeg 956F6AFE-D34D-4459-9BBC-CE6E92D5FBA0.jpeg And here is Jewel when she was a 92 pound 6 month old. She was so adorable. AA2132B8-5B5C-4AD9-84CC-6E5DE8B40353.jpeg

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What a beauties!:heart: Seriously Jewel.. She truely is a Jewel, she is gorgeous!

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
What a beauties!:heart: Seriously Jewel.. She truely is a Jewel, she is gorgeous!

She’s not so much anymore. Lol. She looks like a tubby wooly mammoth. Hahaha. (She’s the grey one). She is a brat but I adore her! Bunny (the white girl) is my pretty one. She comes from show lines and it shows. She’s a real beauty.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I switched their names:shy::lol: but I have a thing for those little fluffed bolls too:rolleyes:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your horses are all so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
@Archiesmom Thank you for rescuing Vic. I hope that he will be able to come home soon.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
@TikiMyn Seria is beautiful! Age is all relative to a pony, I've learned. It doesn't surprise me that even at age 30 she's still feisty! She has a very kind, sweet eye.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
@Laylatoo those photos are gorgeeoussss :swoon:
Once Vic is home safe and put on a little weight, I'm planning to do a photo shoot with my two boys. Booker also looks like a pudgy, woolly mammoth right now so Jewel is in good company :lol:
The Minnesota winters are no joke, and he prepares for them- eagerly. I've told the barn where he stays that they can cut back on his hay rations. I *know* he finishes his hay, every last wisp, and is expertly trained in the art of looking pathetic. But Morgans (like ponies!) are notoriously easy keepers, who gain weight just looking at food. It's what broke my heart the most about Vic to see him in that condition :(

I have a video of him recently being turned out though, and he looks fabulous! He may not be passing his tests and have to stay another 30 days, but he certainly is LOOKING and FEELING better, running all over the pasture with his tail up over his back and cantering like he has springs on his feet! Made my heart so glad.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Thank you:). They are my favorite portrait subjects besides my kids:).

It’s not even cold here in California and they are giant fluffy teddy bears already. Lol.

So glad Vic is on his way to recovery!

@Laylatoo those photos are gorgeeoussss :swoon:
Once Vic is home safe and put on a little weight, I'm planning to do a photo shoot with my two boys. Booker also looks like a pudgy, woolly mammoth right now so Jewel is in good company :lol:
The Minnesota winters are no joke, and he prepares for them- eagerly. I've told the barn where he stays that they can cut back on his hay rations. I *know* he finishes his hay, every last wisp, and is expertly trained in the art of looking pathetic. But Morgans (like ponies!) are notoriously easy keepers, who gain weight just looking at food. It's what broke my heart the most about Vic to see him in that condition :(

I have a video of him recently being turned out though, and he looks fabulous! He may not be passing his tests and have to stay another 30 days, but he certainly is LOOKING and FEELING better, running all over the pasture with his tail up over his back and cantering like he has springs on his feet! Made my heart so glad.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Aaaahh it id so good to hear that he is doing better:heart: I was involved with a few horse rescues and it is so rewarding once they are finally putting kn weight and seem to enjoy life again!