• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Show me your bugies favorite toy!

Melli

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melli
I know we all think we have every toy on the planet... but I also know we are ALWAYS looking for another *NEW* toy for them! I recently got a new snack "dish" for my babies ... but it has become their favorite TOY! Oshi, who is ALL ABOUT FOOD, loves the snacks that go in there and would like it to ALWAYS be FULL! (doesn't matter which snack) BUT... Opal couldn't care less about ANY snack and is only interested in throwing ALL the treats OUT as quickly as she can... and then wants it refilled so she can do that AGAIN! (Of course now ALL the treats are below the cage floor in the poop tray where Oshi can't even GET to them! Poor Oshi!) Oops will nibble on some of the snacks, but his MAIN concern is SHREDDING the bowl! This is GREAT fun! I will be buying stock in this bowl's company! As well as stocking UP on these bowls! Ozzie is game for ANY of these games... but SHE prefers to SIT IN the bowl like a little tiny nest... thereby keeping all the others away... and making them SQUAWK!!! Who'da known one little over-priced bowl could cause SO MUCH entertainment!?!
05B8CA88-8C68-4586-BDAD-A66BA0994500.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You do realise that is a nest, not a bowl?

but SHE prefers to SIT IN the bowl like a little tiny nest... thereby keeping all the others away... and making them SQUAWK!!!
That is nesting behaviour.

You could mimic the same game by using a plastic D cup instead to fill with toys and treats :)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
It looks like a GREAT toy, but I'm not testing the nesting since I have 2 of the opposite sexting.... < pun intended!

Melli

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melli
It looks like a GREAT toy, but I'm not testing the nesting since I have 2 of the opposite sexting.... < pun intended!
As do I... as a matter of fact... at THIS stage of the game I am quite positive that I have 3 girls... and one little man! I MAY have to seperate him for his own benefit soon!

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
My birds also love shredding, and tossing too :laugh: I’d say their favorites are the foraging tables and perches from Hoot n Holler. I have 4 of them cuz they love them so much! Your birds may like em too, they can choose to shred or toss...and no budgie bum will fit in the tiny foraging holes for sure!:lol:
they’re so versatile as you can fill with nutriberries/ other treats, mahogany, sola, wicker balls etc
7F4109C6-FAAC-4292-AB42-35A1E4065824.jpeg DA007F68-C97E-487B-A877-C7430AF6600E.jpeg 072DCC3A-5EBF-461B-A1E7-2DAC8CDFFB21.jpeg

Attachments

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
LOVE this picture! :loveit: Giving a very clear demonstration and enjoying foraging for goodies :)
I love it too - reminds me so much of when I had the old plastic shelves set up to hold their cage and Fiona would stick her head in the hole in the corner. I was scared that she might get stuck one day, so I kept trying to cover up the hole, and she did NOT like that!
Well shoot, I thought I had a picture of her with her head stuck in the hole somewhere, obviously not where I thought it was, and I'm too lazy to push the delete on the one I found below haaaaa! ;) I wish I could find the picture I was looking for though!

As do I... as a matter of fact... at THIS stage of the game I am quite positive that I have 3 girls... and one little man! I MAY have to seperate him for his own benefit soon!
Haaa... you may have to separate some of the three girls before it's over! I guess we never know til we observe them for a period of time.

Fergus and Fiona want Jojo and Loki to know they have the same corner perch and bird bath now! ;)
@JoJo&Loki

Attachments

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
I love it too - reminds me so much of when I had the old plastic shelves set up to hold their cage and Fiona would stick her head in the hole in the corner. I was scared that she might get stuck one day, so I kept trying to cover up the hole, and she did NOT like that!
Well shoot, I thought I had a picture of her with her head stuck in the hole somewhere, obviously not where I thought it was, and I'm too lazy to push the delete on the one I found below haaaaa! ;) I wish I could find the picture I was looking for though!

Haaa... you may have to separate some of the three girls before it's over! I guess we never know til we observe them for a period of time.

Fergus and Fiona want Jojo and Loki to know they have the same corner perch and bird bath now! ;)
@JoJo&Loki
Lol Jo and Loki say yayyyy!!!

Not sure how, but I never realized before Jojo and Fiona are almost twinsies :loveshower: Something about that pic of her made me have to look twice to see it wasn’t Jo!

Melli

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melli
My birds also love shredding, and tossing too :laugh: I’d say their favorites are the foraging tables and perches from Hoot n Holler. I have 4 of them cuz they love them so much! Your birds may like em too, they can choose to shred or toss...and no budgie bum will fit in the tiny foraging holes for sure!:lol:
they’re so versatile as you can fill with nutriberries/ other treats, mahogany, sola, wicker balls etc
View attachment 323886 View attachment 323887 View attachment 323889
I DO believe my babies WOULD like a couple of those! I'm gonna look into that! Thx!