• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Should this be here?

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
I found a lil' baby mynah today,again.At the same area alone and sad.I finally decided to bring this boy home.( 4th day out there) .Gonna take him to the vet tomorrow cause they be closed ( its 18 46 here and the nearest one,also the one whose vets know my birds best,is closed) .Damn,I'm being so csual on this serious matter.
So by examining him( gender unknown but I'll give it a him),there is only some scabs on his talons and that's it.He looks skinny but that'll be solved soon,with the power of handfeeding! [ which I of course need help with!]
It's not like I never done it before,I did but not to mynahs.I would also like to know what his diet is as a fledgling ( fully-feathered but unable to fly) mynah,as he is wild and I do believe that his diet is quite different from Umbrella,Tailfeather,Mango and Bright.
If you've owned mynahs before or just think that you could give some advice,please comment.Any help ould be great.Still I don't think that this thread should,in any way,be here but just accept it,alright? :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Very nice of you to help this bird. I'm afraid I don't know much about mynahs. Hopefully others can offer advice.

@Birdbabe ?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I found a lil' baby mynah today,again.At the same area alone and sad.I finally decided to bring this boy home.( 4th day out there) .Gonna take him to the vet tomorrow cause they be closed ( its 18 46 here and the nearest one,also the one whose vets know my birds best,is closed) .Damn,I'm being so csual on this serious matter.
So by examining him( gender unknown but I'll give it a him),there is only some scabs on his talons and that's it.He looks skinny but that'll be solved soon,with the power of handfeeding! [ which I of course need help with!]
It's not like I never done it before,I did but not to mynahs.I would also like to know what his diet is as a fledgling ( fully-feathered but unable to fly) mynah,as he is wild and I do believe that his diet is quite different from Umbrella,Tailfeather,Mango and Bright.
If you've owned mynahs before or just think that you could give some advice,please comment.Any help ould be great.Still I don't think that this thread should,in any way,be here but just accept it,alright? :)
I have not hand fed a mynah. There's a good FB group "Mynah Bird Owners and Breeders" that might be helpful.

What I can tell you is the usual hand feeding formula probably won't work. Mynahs can have "iron storage disease" so you can't give them regular bird food.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That is so kind of you! Blessings!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Mynas are omnivores, fruit, insects, lizards, eggs, other birds,,I dont know how little this guy is, do you have a wildlife rehabilitation close? He may have parasites, or something, since hes so thin. Hoping a good outcome, please let us know.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
That is great news! You will enjoy him. :) Love the name.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
I changed his name to Java as I found out that he was a Javan Mynah.He eats crickets now! ( well,I pre-killed them first and had to hand feed him as usual but at least he ate it! Also,I'll be trying mealworms next week )

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
@finchly I am now in the mynah fb group.Are you there too? My fb name is 'fish' and I had that account hang for about 2 years now...

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@finchly I am now in the mynah fb group.Are you there too? My fb name is 'fish' and I had that account hang for about 2 years now...
Great! I'll look for you. My name is Tanya.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Ok,I haven't posted yet (just scrolling the posts ) and since I use the laptop,no photos.When I post I'll tell you!

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Damn,my name is Sam Chan.I 'stole' my elder sister's account under her permission.The profile pic is red fish and a white background.