• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

should i throw it out?

animalover

Jogging around the block
i have one of these
in milos(clipped cockatiel) cage, it goes from one side of the cage to another and it really helped him move around at first, i removed his sleeping swing 2 months ago and hes been using the bridge to sleep, it always gets soo dirty and i have to scrub it every time, now he doesnt really use it during the day because he started hopping from perch to perch to get to where he wants.
i bought a rope perch but never got the chance to put it in the cage, should i replace the bridge with the rope? it definitely will help me time wise but im worried it will stress him out.

i tried putting another perch in place of the bridge last night, milo would not sleep, he would wait for me at the door everytime i put him back, until i moved the bridge back and he went to sleep.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Can you take a picture of what the bridge looks like in side the cage. If we can see the layout maybe we can suggest something else that you could try for him to sleep on instead.

For example Jenks sleeps on a platform perch that has a preener next to it that he curls up in.

animalover

Jogging around the block
Can you take a picture of what the bridge looks like in side the cage. If we can see the layout maybe we can suggest something else that you could try for him to sleep on instead.

For example Jenks sleeps on a platform perch that has a preener next to it that he curls up in.
i cant take a photo at the moment, but i took out the bridge and im soaking it atm(like i always do) but i usually do it in the morning and its back in the cage by bedtime, this time i took it out later and cant put it back until tomorrow, but i gave him the rope perch to see how he likes it, he is a bit hesitant but seems comfortable, if hes fine with it by the morning then i wont put the bridge back in, because its really annoying to scrub and soak it every other day

i did try to get him to sleep on any other perch yesterday and he wouldnt, he would go back to where the bridge was and not find anything, then he would run to the door and beg for cuddles.

thanks for the help tho! :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It’s probably best to only make these sorts of changes in his cage earlier on in the day when he has time to check things out and be sure they are safe. Introducing something new items so close to bed time would be unsettling for him as he’s not sure that he is safe.