• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Should I take in these two budgies?

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My best friend just sent me a link to a Kijiji ad for two free budgies, and I feel so bad for them. Their human is moving and the birds HAVE to be sold by tomorrow evening, or...well, I don't know the or. But that's all the ad says and it makes me nervous.

I wouldn't necessarily keep them, if I could find them a good home. I just don't like the ultimatum of them having to be gone.

What should I do?

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
They look to be in great shape. I would.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Well I think we all know what needs to happen.....I mean, I think we all know what is likely to happen. Lol.

They look great and their future is very uncertain at the moment, I am sure you will make whatever decision is right for you and them.

Surely if you were unable to house them long term you would find it easy enough to find a suitable long term place for them to land?

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I almost definitely could keep them in the long term, but I just feel a little overwhelmed at the idea. I brought home Ice Cream and Peanut Butter (who's technically a foster but still), and then poor Ballaw had to be rescued, so the house feels very full and I've just had a lot of new additions in a short time.

I could probably find them a home if I get too flustered, though. If not by myself, then through the Humane Society. I trust their judgement in rehoming animals implicitly.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I almost definitely could keep them in the long term, but I just feel a little overwhelmed at the idea. I brought home Ice Cream and Peanut Butter (who's technically a foster but still), and then poor Ballaw had to be rescued, so the house feels very full and I've just had a lot of new additions in a short time.

I could probably find them a home if I get too flustered, though. If not by myself, then through the Humane Society. I trust their judgement in rehoming animals implicitly.

Sounds like a plan to me ;)

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
You're doing the right thing. Bless your big heart!!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen