• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Should I get it? or no?

danadear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
I disagree but that's ok. We don't all have to agree. And when I was a newbie and knew zip about birds I wouldn't have understood the intent and would have thought some of the questions were rude. And if we really don't think what we say matters what's the point of it all anyway?

I certainly don't think anyone intended to tick her off but just because you (no one in particular) don't think what you say sounds a certain way doesn't mean it doesn't to the receiver. And more than one person has said some of the comments were a little much so I don't think she was just leaving because she wasn't hearing exactly what she wanted.

Whatever. I'm just going to mind my own business. No harm intended.

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
I agree with Dana. If you're told that your comments sound like thus-and-so to a number of people, and your response is, "no they don't" or "I don't care" then there's really no more discussion to be had until you're willing to take the perspective of another. People will walk away from you and your message won't be heard. It doesn't help your cause, but so be it.