• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shivering tail

JazzyJay

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jas
Hi!

So I’m under two months of owning my birdie. And she had no tail when I got her.
It’s growing so fast!!!
It’s about 4 inches long now and I want to make sure that I have nothing to worry about.

Her Tail seems to be shivering. Not bobbing.... looks like it’s doing the “I’m cold” look.....I do let her walk in my little backyard to get some sun. (Don’t worry she can’t fly out and nothing can fly in. It’s covered) today she did NOT want to come inside or be picked up!And she had NO problem showing me lol.... I had to annoy her to get her to come in so I’m sure she was getting agitated. Call when she finally gave in I put her inside and I noticed hotel was shivering.. this is new. Is she just frustrated or is this a sign of sickness? Everything else seems great. She’s playing and chirping and this morning was a love bug!! Although yesterday and today she’s doing more of that little bubbly noise (almost like gargling) she makes every night before bed...

My reasoning for bringing her in is because our neighbors backyard smells like super super poop!!!! They never clean their dogs poop and it comes into the house...it’s so bad guys!!!!! Maybe this is a stupid question but does that smell harmful to her?

So questions... her tail and the poop smell...

Thanks!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:bump4:

JazzyJay

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jas
I had to look that up lol how do I do that?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How if your IRN now? Does her tail still quiver some times? If so, could you get a video of it to share? You would have to upload the video to YouTube or something like that, and then link the video here.

I'm sorry your neighbors don't clean up after their dogs. I don't know if the odor is harmful for birds or not, but insects that would be attracted to it might be?

Hopefully someone who has IRNs will be along soon!

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
Hope your IRN will be okay! Dog poop fumes aren't exactly desirable-I don't know if they actually harm the birb or not! As Kassiani said-hopefully someone with more experience will be along soon! :D