• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shipping to Alaska

ParaGhost

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacqueline
Any bird stores with toy making materials that ships to Alaska and dosent cost 20 dollars? I'm having a party with my friends and most of the time we will be making bird toys :D ( if i can find not-so-pricey materials )
Thanks, bye.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Most charge actual shipping rates which is why it's expensive! The per part count has to be low enough for people to actually buy, so they don't pad it into their prices like a lot of other places do. Depending on how much stuff you need, and how heavy it is, you may be able to message parts vendors and see if they can give you a quote.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
dosent cost 20 dollars?
I am in a similar boat. Not many toy parts shops etc whre I am and I lust after the toys made overseas. I place larger orders so it balances out the cost a bit better. For eg instead of buying one toy for each cage, I buy two, doubling up orders means one order less ergo saving money on shipping. I do the same with perches etc that I got from within my country simply because I´m stingy with paying for shipping :lol: I keep all extra perches, toys and parts in a large plastic container.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’m the same as Zara with buying extra to balance out the shipping expenses. Just recently one of my fav stores here started offering free shipping for all orders over $100 so now I only ever make orders over $100. Every other store I use in my country is a minimum of $20 shipping fees to my address which is a bummer but considering I’m not having to go out travelling to the store or use my fuel to get there I see it as not such a bad pay off. It would cost me more than $20 anyway to get from my town to the next closest town and that town doesn’t even have bird supplies so the shipping costs is something I’ve come to see as not so much of a big problem given the convenience of being able to stay home and choose what I want and have it arrive at my door......stress and hassle free!!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
California Bird Nerds over estimates the shipping charges to Alaska, Hawaii and International. All excess shipping charges are refunded at the time of shipment.

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, if you get small-ish stuff it can ship flat-rate.