• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

She's In The Bird House Now

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I picked up Valentine tonite from her cage, sat back down in the recliner put my ice pack on (it's wrapped in a towel) . She had none of that, she started attacking it. I decided to put it up, when I got up the ice pack slipped out of the towel. When I went to pick it up Valentine was attacking the towel and gave me a serious bite on the side of thumb. I have low platelets which means the blood doesn't clot. So I cleaned it, put peroxide on it, then neosporine then the band aid. This happened about 8:30 tonite, just looked at the bandaid, it's bleeding again but not as much as before. I will say one more thing, the ER is out, they cant do anything.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is it a puncture, or a cut?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Sorry for your boo boo. Wish I had a solution for you. Praying it stops bleeding soon!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you get stypwool? It’s like quick stop but a fibre. That stuff works a treat but b is very hard to find here now. It used to be the only thing that was successful at stopping my nose bleeds so I didn’t need to go to the ER.
I hope it sorts itself out soon so you don’t have to make a hosi trip.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Corn starch was why I asked about a puncture or not. Neosporin is really bad for them too. You don't want to lock bacteria in. Neosprn can do that (cause of the petroleum base) & actually cause an infection. With the bleeding it's very slowly pushing bacteria out (like when a pimple pops & bleeds) the bacteria is pushed out & the blood removes it. I know gross & probably not 100% accurate in my explanation but the only way I can think of @ the moment.

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
Believe it or not but spider webs can be used to stop bleeding. Spider's web is rich in vitamin K which acts as a clotting agent. Make a wad of it and hold on the wound or use a bandaid or surgical tape to hold it in place. It's a survival tool I learned in Ranger school.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Believe it or not but spider webs can be used to stop bleeding. Spider's web is rich in vitamin K which acts as a clotting agent. Make a wad of it and hold on the wound or use a bandaid or surgical tape to hold it in place. It's a survival tool I learned in Ranger school.
Wow. I’m gonna try this. Now I have a valid reason to leave the outside cobwebs all over my windows :laugh:
Isn’t nature fascinating and marvellous!
Thanis for sharing this @OK Mike :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Too cool Mike! Live this place always an answer to the ? or problem & never having to make 45 phone calls or go to an ER. :pinklol2:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ohhh who am I kidding..... I already use the excuse that the birds like to steal the cobwebs to use in their nest building as a reason to leave the cobwebs :lol:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Refering to Other forum thread... See you have a "dream it bigger" creative brain too!