• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sheltie cuteness prospects

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yay! Finally peed and pooped outside! I am happy with this today! Will only get better since he loves to get outside so much!

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
This morning was good! Came out of his crate himself pretty much right away. He loves food! I missed getting him outside fast enough, had an accident x2.

Tomorrow we will go out right away. He follows Cuda and today we went down the deck in the fenced yard no leash!

He absolutely loves to be outside and sticks to you as he is exploring more around the back. He's one happy little guy coming out now.

View attachment 401687
We are on that road to total new life! Vet tomorrow for a check up and micro chip!
I just gave him a bath finally. We are outside again. Sunny and 60 degrees. He definitely loves to be outside.

View attachment 401693
View attachment 401694
View attachment 401695
Post bath up close face cuteness!
He is so precious!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
His eyes are hypnotic. He's gonna have you wrapped around his paw in no time, if he hasn't already.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
His eyes are hypnotic. He's gonna have you wrapped around his paw in no time, if he hasn't already.
I've missed these brown eyes for a year after Bella left. All the more reason why I needed a Border mix wven how much I love Shelties I followed my heart with this one.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am happy to report after a snuggle session sitting on the floor I have a totally bonded little happy boy.

Sticks to me like glue outside. First thing we went outside and he peed! Then we all came inside to eat breakfast.

We went outside again, we pooped! And then came in and had a treat! I'm so happy, he's so awesome!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Uhm, he also growled at my other half in the dark as he came into the room early this morning.

He was just at the Vet. Good aside from some whip worms, we have meds tonight to give. He also was fearful there, but at the end seemed good until leashed he did snap at my Vet. So she took him away from me and off they went to walk all around the hospital to walk by strangers. Not once but twice.

I will work on getting him to meet neighbors outside so he will sew strangers aren't bad. Maybe find s brave soul to try to pet him.

I have a snapper! Seems Beetlejuice was perfect afterall! Wasn't he aggressive and cranky in the movie? Screenshot_20220118-194429_Google.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Uhm, he also growled at my other half in the dark as he came into the room early this morning.

He was just at the Vet. Good aside from some whip worms, we have meds tonight to give. He also was fearful there, but at the end seemed good until leashed he did snap at my Vet. So she took him away from me and off they went to walk all around the hospital to walk by strangers. Not once but twice.

I will work on getting him to meet neighbors outside so he will sew strangers aren't bad. Maybe find s brave soul to try to pet him.

I have a snapper! Seems Beetlejuice was perfect afterall! Wasn't he aggressive and cranky in the movie? View attachment 401734
Aw I'm sorry that he's still being a bit fearful but I work at a vet clinic and we see a lot of snappy herding breeds it's pretty common. The more you work with him and expose him to things the better he will get. I'd recommend touching his feet and lifting as much as you can and touching all over his body and his mouth to help desensitize him to that for future vet visits or if he needs to be bathed and groomed.

And yes Beetlejuice was very spicy in the movie,lol.

Last edited:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your vet sounds really smart!!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Aw I'm sorry that he's still being a bit fearful but I work at a vet clinic and we see a lot of snappy herding breeds it's pretty common. The more you work with him and expose him to things the better he will get. I'd recommend touching his feet and lifting as much as you can and touching all over his body and his mouth to help desensitize him to that for future vet visits or if he needs to be bathed and groomed.

And yes Beetlejuice was very spicy in the movie,lol.
Fabulous ideas!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Your vet sounds really smart!!
She is an amazing Lady! I met her years ago and she was a Customer of mine for years. I knew she was a Vet, but didn't want to cross that line. But had to during the height before the shutdown as my Sheltie had a cancerous tumor on his back. She texted me the next day but hr already ate. She got me in asap! She's been there for me just a text message away. She has left meds sight unseen for Cappy with a UTI that just happened. But we pf course followed up with her.

She's just been there and worked us in no matter what day. They are very busy there, she has a partner and 6 other Vets there. We love her, and are so blessed to have her. I am glad that I crossed that line. She's a fantastic Vet, a graduate of NC State and she's from here. She has two Aussies, 100 head of cattle and loves her cow Sophie and her donkeys.

Wonderful relationship we have, and I never felt alienated having her put down my old cat or my old blind Girl in May.

She barely charges me for things, just crazy what she will charge. Like never an exam fee, most here at $55 just for that. I am truly blessed!!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Fabulous ideas!
Agreed! He's fine with me, I can touch feet, teeth, ears you name it. He's just fearful and telling others no. I get it. He has bonded to me and that's that. Dave needs to one on one with him too without the Shepherd around.

Right now, He's very busy stealing all the stuffed dog toys in the great room and running them back to my room. Such a cute fast trot all proud with his stolen loot!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thanks! It's what we wish a lot of folks would do to help make vet visits easier.
I have a post on our neighborhood facebook page. Just looking for anyone who wants to meet greet with dogs, or kids. Just so he can get this extra exposure to strangers.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Day 7 of Beetles new life. Happy! Bouncy! Momma's boy 100% just about house broken fully. Our Vet visit Weds was great. Healthy, just a case of whip worms, treated 3 days on Panacur. His poop was good this morning thankfully!

He plays with Jett, they love to run around the yard. He is just so happy. Oh how I have missed an animated and high energy dog. Sticks to me like glue. We eat dinner, he lays beside my chair, right by my feet and doesn't beg.

Here is Beetlejuice today.
20220126_153845.jpg

20220128_070735.jpg
He said he has no idea how this happened.
20220126_144127.jpg
Fun taking Cuda's toys from the front room back to his room.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He is adorable!