• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sheltie cuteness prospects

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Congratulations on your new baby! He sure is a cutie, and I'm sure he'll come around and calm down with a little time. <3

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
No
Oh good feeling safe enough to eat is a good sign. I'm sure that before you know it you'll be smothered in puppy kisses. He may also be a bit salty about the bath. I've had my rescue pup almost 2 years now and he loves me so much but when I bathe him he gives me the cold shoulder for a bit before he's back to loving on me.
No Bath, couldn't get him out. He needs be chill. He does have t-shirts in his crate now from each of us.

We'll see how he is in the morning.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No

No Bath, couldn't get him out. He needs be chill. He does have t-shirts in his crate now from each of us.

We'll see how he is in the morning.
Aah I see I thought maybe the bath had triggered this. T shirts will definitely be a help. Here's to a better tomorrow

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Claire- got any children’s books? The border peeps I show with go sit next to any anxious ones they have (they show working BC, and those dogs prefer moving sheep and cows rather than interacting with humans) and read children’s books to the dog. They start out with soft, sedate childrens books where the voice cadence is pretty lullaby like, and as the dog progresses in comes Dr Seuss. :)

Hopefully after a bit of rest, tomorrow will be a whole brand new day and a surge of confidence within our little Betelgeuse! But if not, there’s always adaptil collars, thundershirts, soft words, and lots of treats in your future!!:bounce6: Do you have an Amazon wish list, by chance?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Claire- got any children’s books? The border peeps I show with go sit next to any anxious ones they have (they show working BC, and those dogs prefer moving sheep and cows rather than interacting with humans) and read children’s books to the dog. They start out with soft, sedate childrens books where the voice cadence is pretty lullaby like, and as the dog progresses in comes Dr Seuss. :)

Hopefully after a bit of rest, tomorrow will be a whole brand new day and a surge of confidence within our little Betelgeuse! But if not, there’s always adaptil collars, thundershirts, soft words, and lots of treats in your future!!:bounce6: Do you have an Amazon wish list, by chance?
Well he's up. It was hard to get him out of the crate. He came out when he smelled food. He is sniffing around and I took him outside, of course he did what he had to inside.

Well he's surely warming up to me. He will be my cling on I'm sure and that's fine. Vet appt Weds to a check up, fecal check and micro chip!

I do not have anything Amazon, never use them. Yes the book idea sounds like a very good idea will try!

Last edited:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well he's up. It was hard to get him out of the crate. He came out when he smelled food. He is sniffing around and I took him outside, of course he did what he had to indside.

Well he's surely warming up to me. He will be my cling on I'm sure and that's fine. Vet appt Weds to a check up, fecal check and micro chip!

I do not have anything Amazon, never use them.
Oh good I'm so glad that he's warming up to you! I knew he would :heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh good I'm so glad that he's warming up to you! I knew he would :heart:
Yes, he was happily jumping around the 2nd time outside. He sure likes go inbetween your legs though.

Note to self, don't wear flip flops with a nervous puppy! You will get tinkled on!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, he was happily jumping around the 2nd time outside. He sure likes go inbetween your legs though.

Note to self, don't wear flip flops with a nervous puppy! You will get tinkled on!
Lol he sounds like a riot already ;)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Lol he sounds like a riot already ;)
It's going to take time. He won't be off leash even in the fenced yard. Until he listens and knows to come to me. It would suck to run around to try and catch him at this point.

But I am happy with his progess so far not even a full day. It will get better from here. He is food motivated, so training with yummies will be easy with him. He will become more confident each day that he knows the security and routine being the same.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Love My Zons
Claire, do you need a long check cord? Lab puppies do awesome on a 20 footer until they learn.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Right now keeping it simple with a 6 fr leash. He wants to get between my legs, feels safe I guess.
Gosh, I'd forgotten. Both my Sheltie and my Border Collie girls tucked themselves between my feet when they were nervous. The Sheltie moreso, because she was a 'nervous Nellie' her whole life.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I am so HAPPY for you you ( and Beetle)!!! All in due time… thank goodness he has a couple of chill companions to help him learn the household ropes so he’ll be following their lead before long . You, on the other hand, will surely be on your toes.. p’s and q’s, with one super active guy. Congratulations Claire!!!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
This morning was good! Came out of his crate himself pretty much right away. He loves food! I missed getting him outside fast enough, had an accident x2.

Tomorrow we will go out right away. He follows Cuda and today we went down the deck in the fenced yard no leash!

He absolutely loves to be outside and sticks to you as he is exploring more around the back. He's one happy little guy coming out now.

20220125_081429.jpg
We are on that road to total new life! Vet tomorrow for a check up and micro chip!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
He is gorgeous. Look at the bright eyes and that smile. .

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This morning was good! Came out of his crate himself pretty much right away. He loves food! I missed getting him outside fast enough, had an accident x2.

Tomorrow we will go out right away. He follows Cuda and today we went down the deck in the fenced yard no leash!

He absolutely loves to be outside and sticks to you as he is exploring more around the back. He's one happy little guy coming out now.

View attachment 401687
We are on that road to total new life! Vet tomorrow for a check up and micro chip!
Oh my gosh look at him! There's the sweet happy boy I knew was hiding in there! :heart:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a sweet face!!! Enjoy that happy boy :)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Fess up- were you holding a cookie? :lol:
What a bright happy smile.
No treats. He absolutely lights up outside. I'm quite sure a house is very new to him. In due time he will be just fine! He's such a fun bouncy boy. Just love him so much!!