• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sheltie cuteness prospects

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh no no one wants a stinky puppy :(. How much longer til you should have him?
I'm sure he'll stop in TN tonight. Then head back this way. Maybe tomorrow night? Maybe Monday?

36267.jpeg
Warming up to the driver James
36260.jpeg
Stretching his legs. He has a tail, you can't see it here.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oooh he's beautiful! Look at that smiley puppy face. I hope it's sooner rather then later.
Me too! I am so excited! I know that one of the inherited ones won't be happy, but that's too bad. His little private area is all set up.

20220122_174132.jpg
Of course he will get a view of the green things that aren't to be herded. Kind of like get to know Kazoo 101 ;)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Me too! I am so excited! I know that one of the inherited ones won't be happy, but that's too bad. His little private area is all set up.

View attachment 401532
Of course he will get a view of the green things that aren't to be herded. Kind of like get to know Kazoo 101 ;)
Aww that's a cute toy that he can snuggle with and that blanket looks comfortable :heart: . Hopefully your other pups will get along smashingly with him and they can all the best of friends. *wishing so hard and all the good vibe thoughts* and that he will quickly learn that the birdie kids are to be left alone as well.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Aww that's a cute toy that he can snuggle with and that blanket looks comfortable :heart: . Hopefully your other pups will get along smashingly with him and they can all the best of friends. *wishing so hard and all the good vibe thoughts* and that he will quickly learn that the birdie kids are to be left alone as well.
The Amazons are off limits to all dogs. It's Sophie who is out all the time in the main area. The Shepherd and other one want no part of her at all. Big babies really. I have always been a very safe home as long as I've had birds and dogs and it's been a very long time.

Last edited:

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I see his tail! Little itty bitty tucked up white tip.

Soon, Claire! Are you counting down yet? Getting text updates!?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I see his tail! Little itty bitty tucked up white tip.

Soon, Claire! Are you counting down yet? Getting text updates!?
I can watch the driver's progress on an app. He's almost near Knoxville TN. Those new pictures are from today. His Wife sent them earlier today. He appears older from the paperwork I got. In October they listed him at 4 mos he was neutered and had his rabies vaccine. I estimate he's 7 months, not 4 or 5.

He stopped there on the way there. So I would imagine after there, he'll be heading our way tomorrow!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I did thought he looked rather big for 4/5 months. 7 sounds much more fitting.

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is so cute! He looks like he has a great personality.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
More pictures to come. He's in the house, he's skittish but that will get better in time.

He has met both dogs, seems good so far. He ate, he'll be getting a bath and he likes my bedroom. He'll venture out on his own. But oh my god, he's got that border trot so darn cute!!

20220123_181310.jpg

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
More pictures to come. He's in the house, he's skittish but that will get better in time.

He has met both dogs, seems good so far. He ate, he'll be getting a bath and he likes my bedroom. He'll venture out on his own. But oh my god, he's got that border trot so darn cute!!

View attachment 401582
Yay! Welcome home little Beetle! You are one absolutely stunning little man. I can wait to see how he blossoms with you :heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yay! Welcome home little Beetle! You are one absolutely stunning little man. I can wait to see how he blossoms with you :heart:
Oh he'll coat up more! He is very sweet! Already went in his crate by himself. Bath time in a few!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Well Houston, I have my work cut out. He's a very fearful puppy. He went in his crate himself and went into protection mode. He is snappy! And growls alittle.

He will stay in there tonight, the door is open. He has to decompress and take it all in and see there is no threat here.

Aah, it's what rescue is right

Will update tomorrow.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well Houston, I have my work cut out. He's a very fearful puppy. He went in his crate himself and went into protection mode. He is snappy! And growls alittle.

He will stay in there tonight, the door is open. He has to decompress and take it all in and see there is no threat here.

Aah, it's what rescue is right

Will update tomorrow.
Aw no I'm sorry to hear that. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for him and it will help that he's young and malleable and will hopefully be able to move on from his past easier than if he was an adult. Sending gentle hugs his way.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I removed the secure cover over the crate. Cannot be a den to hide. He's so fearful he peed in there.

Well, He's in there, door open. Hopefully tomorrow he will see it's still a nice quiet place to be.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I removed the secure cover over the crate. Cannot be a den to hide. He's so fearful he peed in there.

Well, He's in there, door open. Hopefully tomorrow he will see it's still a nice quiet place to be.
Aww bless his little heart. Poor sweetie he's been through a lot these past few days. I'm confident that in a day or 2 he will feel safe and be more happy and comfortable.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Aww bless his little heart. Poor sweetie he's been through a lot these past few days. I'm confident that in a day or 2 he will feel safe and be more happy and comfortable.
Yes, Dave said he liked the driver. Well, it's only been 4 hours. He did eat so I am cool with that. Just will take some time. He will seek us out when he's ready.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, Dave said he liked the driver. Well, it's only been 4 hours. He did eat so I am cool with that. Just will take some time. He will seek us out when he's ready.
Oh good feeling safe enough to eat is a good sign. I'm sure that before you know it you'll be smothered in puppy kisses. He may also be a bit salty about the bath. I've had my rescue pup almost 2 years now and he loves me so much but when I bathe him he gives me the cold shoulder for a bit before he's back to loving on me.