• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sheltie cuteness prospects

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Well I got to the breeder today. Awesome drive, peaceful and scenic.

These are the two boys I have the most interest in. All adults are beautiful! She also had a Border Collie female who was so sweet. It felt so good to run my hands through that soft fur again.

These puppies have the run, they follow, listen and are very social.

20220106_150721.jpg
Tri boy 10 weeks. That double merle isn't a good thing, she can see. I didn't ask about hearing. They happen genetically when you breed for merles. She's very sweet too.

This breeder wants to hold onto this boy another week ot two to see if he stays in size to show. Has to be over 13 or 13" at shoulder. Below that, cannot be shown even though he's show quality.

Screenshot_20220106-164736_Gallery.jpg
Blue merle boy, same as the tri waiting on 11 to 12 week measurement. Under, can be sold, over 13" will be used to show.
Screenshot_20220106-165921_Messenger.jpg
3 week old tub of bi blacks and bi blues.

5 boys in this litter of 8. Have to wait 7 or 8 weeks after stud owner looks at and picks a pup.

That's all for now, I got my fix and left a deposit for someone :D

Pray that tri stays too small!!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goodness! There is so much cuteness there I seriously can't handle it !

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:angel1: Please stop growing, Tri! :angel1:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh my goodness! There is so much cuteness there I seriously can't handle it !
Just imagine 8 running around outside all directions, wrestling to jumping up saying hello there you see me?

They are all so beautiful. Best little almond eye expressions ever!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
:angel1: Please stop growing, Tri! :angel1:
There is a science really. She'll compare growth charts on him and other charts of similar dog pedigrees to him.

But I will take a bi black too, no tan at all just b&w still magically beautiful.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just imagine 8 running around outside all directions, wrestling to jumping up saying hello there you see me?

They are all so beautiful. Best little almond eye expressions ever!
That sounds like heaven! Nothing beats puppy love.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’ll admit I don’t know a whole lot about the merle gene, as we don’t have it. I sure hope that double isn’t deaf or moon blind. That makes me sad.

My vote goes for the cutie in photo #2! He’s a looker!

Keeping my fingers crossed for stumpy legs for ya. Any thoughts on name yet?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I’ll admit I don’t know a whole lot about the merle gene, as we don’t have it. I sure hope that double isn’t deaf or moon blind. That makes me sad.

My vote goes for the cutie in photo #2! He’s a looker!

Keeping my fingers crossed for stumpy legs for ya. Any thoughts on name yet?
Some how the double merle happens when you breed 2 that already carry that merle gene even a tri can carry depending on factoring as in white factor, even though they are black. Now she'll keep her and if she breeds her, you'll get many blues but can throw in a tri too.

No name yet but thinking of some.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Poor picture, but closest I could find of a non tan Tri face. Probably what he'll look like mature, still a Tri like Cappy, but different. And this pup has a fabulous full white collar.

Screenshot_20220106-175126_Google.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh dear…. I’m afraid I’m already sucked into that tri male. Praying he will follow you home! We named our black standard poodle “Jesse”… because in Hebrew it means God exists. I think it could fit this little tyke too!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They're both adorable!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh dear…. I’m afraid I’m already sucked into that tri male. Praying he will follow you home! We named our black standard poodle “Jesse”… because in Hebrew it means God exists. I think it could fit this little tyke too!
He's a wise guy very cute he was. They all are, but I need a boy. Just my thing all my Shelties have been. Gotta have my boy!

And dynamics here with the Girls. I'm sure Jett will be a jerk but she's going to learn quickly that the world doesn't revolve around her. Puppy will be safe from them during the day when I am not home or in and out for a very long time. I hope that this one will take to a crate for nights and daytime moreso safety with larger dogs and Jett's attitude.

Cuda, really liked Cappy. Jett was fine with him too after all the time together no worries.

We'll see if that look and image says he's okay afterall since he looks similar.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I am such a sucker for Shelties and Border Collies... there's just something special about herding dogs. :heart:

It's so funny how many people don't know what a Sheltie is. Whenever I had to describe them to someone, I'd have to say, "Imagine Lassie, but smaller."

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am such a sucker for Shelties and Border Collies... there's just something special about herding dogs. :heart:

It's so funny how many people don't know what a Sheltie is. Whenever I had to describe them to someone, I'd have to say, "Imagine Lassie, but smaller."
Me too, they are such nice dogs. That border was so pretty and sweet. That fur, omg like my Bellas silk! Felt so good to feel that today.

Or the miniature collie reference. Many times I have had to say no, separate breed they are not miniatures.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Didn't know that! We renamed our Umbrella when we brought her home... from 'Sassy' [not really her personality]... to Abigale... which means: 'In the Father's Hand'. She is such a sweet heart!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Oh My with all that cuteness how on earth do you choose just one! :heart: :xflove:

Fingers crossed the Tri stays under 13. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh My with all that cuteness how on earth do you choose just one! :heart: :xflove:

Fingers crossed the Tri stays under 13. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Well, as I said I never want to repeat a coat color, and said I do like the bi black, I may tell her I'll wait for one of the boys in the 3 week old litter. Since she's wanting to keep the tri not neutered.

Anyway, we have a few weeks to truly see.

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Aww!!

If you don't mind me asking - being herders, how have your shelties or collies always done around your birds, or are they in separate rooms?

I was really scared about getting a dog and only agreed to ours because he was supposed to a pyranese/st bernard mix.. pretty good chance of wanting to protect the birdies and not eat them. Turned out he is actually pyraneese/boxer and a touch of spaniel :confused:
He is still polite around Opie and Oggie's cages, but the way the budgies flit around in theirs is really tempting for him. Bf wants to eventually get him a playmate but I refuse to socially isolate the flock by moving them out of the living room.. so I'm keeping my eye out to plan for a somewhat smaller, well bred, non-snappy pal.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Aww!!

If you don't mind me asking - being herders, how have your shelties or collies always done around your birds, or are they in separate rooms?

I was really scared about getting a dog and only agreed to ours because he was supposed to a pyranese/st bernard mix.. pretty good chance of wanting to protect the birdies and not eat them. Turned out he is actually pyraneese/boxer and a touch of spaniel :confused:
He is still polite around Opie and Oggie's cages, but the way the budgies flit around in theirs is really tempting for him. Bf wants to eventually get him a playmate but I refuse to socially isolate the flock by moving them out of the living room.. so I'm keeping my eye out to plan for a somewhat smaller, well bred, non-snappy pal.
I didn't have birds when I had my Sheltie, but I did have them with my Border Collie. It's probably an individual thing, but my Border ignored every animal, unless it was another dog. My Sheltie likely would have been the same way, knowing her personality.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Aww!!

All my dogs have always been fine. The Amazons are off limits due to their flight. So my dogs are not around them. Early on years ago they were out an my previous dogs were fine.

When Cappy came home, we saw he was not liking that so they were never out with him.

Nobody wants to mess with a Cockatoo! The dogs are fine with her out. She stays pretty much put. But if she flys off her area Jett runs away, the Shepherd doesn't care and my sheltie would also run from her.