• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sheba and baby Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Here are two more of my fids, our biggest and two of our three girls in our flock.

Sheba~12 yo B&G

when she first came into our life

now

Holly- Red Fronted Macaw~will be 5 months this Tuesday
When I first got her-

and in the last few weeks-

a couple close-ups I took to show her one tiny red feather coming in

with her buddy Cochise

Last edited:

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
They are all beautiful!:hug8:

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
They are just beautiful! I am cracking up over the one red feather. Luca my YNA is just getting his yellow feathers in. We call them his big boy feathers and oohhh and ahhh over them all the time. He loves it! Beautiful babies!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Just gorgeous. How's Sheba doing?

Ginger

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lovely, Carole! :) And, yes, I was wondering about Sheba too.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks everyone!:hug8: They are such a joy in my life!
Sheba is on round 3, fingers crossed that we will soon be able to beat the plucking. Holly was meant to be an eventual friend for her, but it kind of backfired on me and at first she hated her with a passion. The first time I have ever seen her have an adverse reaction to a bird. It may have gone down differently had she been an adult. We will never know. I must confess at one point I was going to trade Holly for a boy. I just could not bring myself to do it. So, things are settling down now. She does not seem to have the same disdain for Holly. I think it's just going to take time. A friend tells me sometimes my patience is lacking, and I want instant results for everything. It just doesn't happen that way. Some people say you know right away if birds will get along. While I agree with some it's love at first sight, it seems with others it's just a matter of adjustment. I am very hopeful and trying to think positive about everything. I look for her to quit soon, I really want her to. I had thoughts a few weeks back of a collar, but I still don't know about that idea. It still breaks my heart though I try not to let it.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks everyone!:hug8: They are such a joy in my life!
Sheba is on round 3, fingers crossed that we will soon be able to beat the plucking. Holly was meant to be an eventual friend for her, but it kind of backfired on me and at first she hated her with a passion. The first time I have ever seen her have an adverse reaction to a bird. It may have gone down differently had she been an adult. We will never know. I must confess at one point I was going to trade Holly for a boy. I just could not bring myself to do it. So, things are settling down now. She does not seem to have the same disdain for Holly. I think it's just going to take time. A friend tells me sometimes my patience is lacking, and I want instant results for everything. It just doesn't happen that way. Some people say you know right away if birds will get along. While I agree with some it's love at first sight, it seems with others it's just a matter of adjustment. I am very hopeful and trying to think positive about everything. I look for her to quit soon, I really want her to. I had thoughts a few weeks back of a collar, but I still don't know about that idea. It still breaks my heart though I try not to let it.
I agree that birds sometimes have to develop a relationship, just like people.

I wish you the best for Sheba. Elvis has been plucking her legs a bit worse this fall, so I understand a little of what it's like...:( And I don't blame you for not liking the idea of a collar. I just don't think I could do that.

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some people say you know right away if birds will get along. While I agree with some it's love at first sight, it seems with others it's just a matter of adjustment. I am very hopeful and trying to think positive about everything. I look for her to quit soon, I really want her to. I had thoughts a few weeks back of a collar, but I still don't know about that idea. It still breaks my heart though I try not to let it.
Thanks for sharing how Sheba is doing, Carole, she is often in my thoughts. I totally agree with you that with some it takes time and with others it is immediate, you never know when you add to your flock. We have had it work different ways, some just never become friends. With rehomes and rescues knowing what is causing the plucking is difficult, correcting the diet seems easier sometimes than addressing emotional issues. :hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Your birds are just beautiful and their little faces look full of character. Wish you luck in your birds getting along. My five are three totally on their own in all kinds of situations and the two joined at the hip but having to be separated for their own good. don't think you can win whichever way, they will do just as they want with us!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks Holiday, JR, Anne, and Alex!:hug8:
Thanks for thinking of Sheba too.;)

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
they're all beautiful, but i have to admit i have a soft spot for RFMs !

Wendy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Wendy
Oh wow!! They are all so beautiful!! I agree, some things just take time. You never know, one day they may surprise you and become best buds. Great pics, just beautiful!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you GG, Emilyy, and Wendy!!:hug8:
That would be super if they did become buds. Time will tell I guess.:heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wow, Carole, your flock never ceases to impress me. And those pictures of Sheba...OMG...WOW!! :eek:
Hey you, how's it going? I had the funniest photo I wanted to show you of a sign in a campground about bears from Canada. I don't know if I still have it, but will look. Thanks so much for the kind words, you and everyone!:hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
They all look great!! You do a great job with them.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you miss Miriam! I love your Squeekadoodle too, I know you cherish him.:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
More news!! Holly is saying her first word!:dance4:........................

WHAT?:rofl:
Not what like "what is it"..but a snotty "whaTTT?" with emphasis on the letter 'T'.:laughing2:

Status
Not open for further replies.