• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

She flew to me for the first time!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Congrats! It's definitely a great feeling!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! Thats crazy. Do your birds accept other members of the family? Many members of my family would like to try to get close with Lovebug, especially my parents. They both love birds. I selfishly have no problem if Lovebug chooses to only accept me but at the same time if it enriches the birds life to have other people she will accept I will foster those relationships as well.
Somehow I never saw this. You may have your answer already from experience, but some lovies will accept others from the family and some won’t. Boys seem more likely to be okay with multiple people, but of course not all boys. My Twinkie accepts no one else but me and it has always been that way.

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
Somehow I never saw this. You may have your answer already from experience, but some lovies will accept others from the family and some won’t. Boys seem more likely to be okay with multiple people, but of course not all boys. My Twinkie accepts no one else but me and it has always been that way.
Bug definitely feels most comfortable with me by a long shot. If someone else even enters the room she visibly changes. If she is offered a step up by someone else she lunges with an open beak, so we don’t push it. She does however like it when everyone in the house is talking, then she starts singing and screaming. Her vocalizations are so cute and a lot of times hilarious.

How does Twinkie react when someone other than you tries to approach him?

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bug definitely feels most comfortable with me by a long shot. If someone else even enters the room she visibly changes. If she is offered a step up by someone else she lunges with an open beak, so we don’t push it. She does however like it when everyone in the house is talking, then she starts singing and screaming. Her vocalizations are so cute and a lot of times hilarious.

How does Twinkie react when someone other than you tries to approach him?
Lol, at least you guys heed her warning! Twinkie will lunge at my wife and raise his back feathers at her. He’ll gladly bite her if given the chance. Everyone else he screams at while flying away.

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
Lol, at least you guys heed her warning! Twinkie will lunge at my wife and raise his back feathers at her. He’ll gladly bite her if given the chance. Everyone else he screams at while flying away.
That’s funny! Twinkie sounds like a little stinker!!! Mine will raise the feathers on her back too but only when in the cage and you are backing as if to say “that’s what I thought!“

I really enjoy the sassy personality of the lovebirds. I think it’s so cute :swoon:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That’s funny! Twinkie sounds like a little stinker!!! Mine will raise the feathers on her back too but only when in the cage and you are backing as if to say “that’s what I thought!“

I really enjoy the sassy personality of the lovebirds. I think it’s so cute :swoon:
He is totally a little brat! My bratty squaller. :xflove: Lol your girl knows she’s in charge!

I love their personalities, too. The sass is so endearing. :heart: