• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shaylor, you're a dork!

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
About a month ago Shaylor, who I've had since he was a baby and who has always been given fresh organic veggies and fruits, suddenly turned his nose up at them. In the morning all my birds get their freshly made chop and in the evening they get deluxe large hookbill blend/millet/nut/and pellet mixture. Shaylor started to prefer this mixture over his fresh veggies/fruits. Not wanting him to transition entirely over to the evening mixture, I started leaving it in his cage for 30 minutes before removing it for the evening.

Thinking that would make him hungry, I served up his fresh chop, but no shot getting him to eat. He'd wait all day until I briefly offered him the other mixture...until a few night ago.

While he was hanging out on top of his cage, I decided to hold his fresh food dish up to him while singing, whistling and humming nonsensical songs. And you know what? He started eating his fresh food, cleaning the entire bowl! :yahoo:I thought it might possibly be a flukey one time thing but no!

Who would have thought that my 'music' could lull him into eating! :pooryou:That dork!

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I literally sat with Astro's bowl full of chop between my back and the back of the chair for half an hour holding it up that way because he was eating it so nicely. My boyfriend had stuck it between my back and the chair and left.
:bounce4: