• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sharing Cuddles

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
Hey all!

I have tried to make it a regular habit of posting videos of cuddle sessions with Paulie. Now, I know I have fallen out of this routine but I got to thinking...I would be so tickled if you guys were willing to share some of your cuddle sessions!
I love seeing all the differences in our feathered babies and how loving they could be even though they're independent birds.
So here is a call to share your cuddle sessions, if you're willing of course! Can't wait to see the love folks!

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Ooh that's a great idea! I'll try to get a pic of my p'let getting her hourly scritches (if she doesn't try to attack my phone, that is!).

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
So cute!!! So I only managed to get 1 snuggle time pic. She ALWAYS attacks my phone, (but only during a photo shoot, not while I'm doing other stuff) so this was super special! As you can see, she likes to be held while receiving scritches, and in this photo she just finished manicuring my thumb (leaving me with no nail....thank you, Pistache)
It's so hard to take pictures during cuddle time because I need an extra hand to rub her head while I'm holding the phone!
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 3.44.02 PM.png

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I don't have a copy of the video or I'd share it, but another macaw taught me that grabbing a finger or thumb in the middle of a preening session wasn't a precursor to having a digit amputated which lead to this cuddle session with mine.
Burt loves to gently chew on my fingers while he’s snuggling, it reminds me of a baby with a pacifier :roflmao:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The first is my favourite. He looks really happy up there.
He does that snuggle a lot. It’s kinda scary though when he really dozes off and topples forward... it’s always somehow my fault he fell :rofl:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Awe yay! This is a cute idea for a thread.

@Shezbug yay! Burt I will am following you now!

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
So cute!!! So I only managed to get 1 snuggle time pic. She ALWAYS attacks my phone, (but only during a photo shoot, not while I'm doing other stuff) so this was super special! As you can see, she likes to be held while receiving scritches, and in this photo she just finished manicuring my thumb (leaving me with no nail....thank you, Pistache)
It's so hard to take pictures during cuddle time because I need an extra hand to rub her head while I'm holding the phone!
View attachment 380179
Oh my goodness, she so cute I could cry! Lol, look at her!
I think my Paulie is pretty used to my camera since I've been taking pictures and videos ever since he joined our family. But every once in a while he'll get in a mood and will NOT put up with my shenanigans.

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
These are my most recent cuddle pictures. Both are from school/ work time cuddles lol

*excuse the mess lol I was organizing and got distracted as you can see*:cloud9::cantwait:
Aaaahhhh, look at those precious babies!! I have so thoroughly enjoyed you sharing these! Thank you :heart:

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
I don't have a copy of the video or I'd share it, but another macaw taught me that grabbing a finger or thumb in the middle of a preening session wasn't a precursor to having a digit amputated which lead to this cuddle session with mine.
Oh my sweet molasses, look at how much that baby is enjoying cuddles with you! :loveshower: Isn't it just the sweetest thing when they are so contented they're letting you play their feathers in all kinds of directions? Lol! Thanks so much for sharing!