• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sharing a cage

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Yes would you let them share I cage I mean I think I am slowly going to do it they are in together now and I am just sat watching them and they are sharing everything together and actually not going nuts to come back out like they normally do minute they see me just preening each other eating out of bowl together going to give them an hour then put pip back in own cage
Then maybe 2hours tomorrow and build it up that’s what there breeders advice is
He said if they scream for each other just to let them share
Oh, I see. Yes. I guess what I meant by sharing a cage is locking them in together when you're gone or for the night. I think sharing a cage is wonderful! I'd just make sure after some time of observation they aren't going to fight too much before locking them in together.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Seeing them, I think it's totally fine to let them share a cage if you want . I just like to monitor weight at first to make sure nobody drops. Penny and Pikachu loved to share a cage , but then Penny would drop weight . Not because Pikachu kept her from food or anything like that , but because Penny just didn't like eating together.

If you do not know sex of them yet, then I would probably wait . Because it will be easier to discourage eggs I think if you have opposite sexs

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Seeing them, I think it's totally fine to let them share a cage if you want . I just like to monitor weight at first to make sure nobody drops. Penny and Pikachu loved to share a cage , but then Penny would drop weight . Not because Pikachu kept her from food or anything like that , but because Penny just didn't like eating together.

If you do not know sex of them yet, then I would probably wait . Because it will be easier to discourage eggs I think if you have opposite sexs
While they were in together for an hour I sat and watched they were eating together and pip was actually eating all veggies with remi which pip doesn’t in own cage they shared the foraging drawers together and everything

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Both just playing in remi cage pip and remi both going in there for drinks food pip not gone in her cage once plus last night pip wouldn’t settle in her cage I opened door and pip flew straight to remi cage door bouncing I open door pip went straight in and they snuggled up together
So I’ve decided to try them today and moved some of pips toys into remi cage

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
IMG_7687.jpeg
This is how they are sleeping (obviously when I opened door they opened their eyes) but pip had his/her head tucked in remi neck and remi and head tucked at side of pips head not sure why pips hanging onto bars there is a full perch pip did same in his/her cage too though tucked up behind a toy so maybe just how pip likes to sleep ?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Stages are good and perhaps since you don’t have a dozen, keep the extra cage out with a different toy set up so if something happens, they are comfy apart too

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Thank you should I let them share a cage or not ? Or when do you know or not know
If they are doing well, let them set their pace but love how you said it isn’t your choice.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 442221
This is how they are sleeping (obviously when I opened door they opened their eyes) but pip had his/her head tucked in remi neck and remi and head tucked at side of pips head not sure why pips hanging onto bars there is a full perch pip did same in his/her cage too though tucked up behind a toy so maybe just how pip likes to sleep ?
Awww! Be still my heart! They are so precious together :heart: