• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Severely Hormonal Lovie Strikes Again

Csolis22

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Constanza
Hi everyone-
I’ve posted on her a few times about my lovie who has an issue with hormones, regurgitation and falling in love with all her toys. i have taken her to the vet countless times to see what it could be with absolutely no answers because everything has come back completely healthy and clean, yet she’s been losing weight this past month and continues her episodes.
I have bought her different cages and toys and always move her around to different areas.
I allow for more hours of darkness and quiet for sleep.
None of it is helping anymore.

I’m going to be taking her again to the vet this morning and wanted to know if any test recommendations I could request from my avian vet to try to get to the bottom of this.

This past weekend she stays up all night eating and regurgitating, we both have not gotten any sleep. She’s been waking up the past few days regurgitating this white milky foam which I have previously posted.
I managed to put some of this fluid on a cotton swab and it’s in the fridge now so I will take it to my vet and see if they can find out what it is.

I don’t know what else to do, Im so worried and hope that nothing happens to her. She’s been my best friend for 7 years now, really
hoping for the best and any advice of exams I could attempt would really be helpful.

- an extremely worried owner :(

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:bump8:

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It sounds yeasty. They really need to do an oral swab. Yeast overgrowth can make a bird very sick.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I hope you are able to get some answers at the vet. Maybe ask them about hormonal treatments and if they could help?

Csolis22

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Constanza
I hope you are able to get some answers at the vet. Maybe ask them about hormonal treatments and if they could help?
I’m on my fourth Avian Vet I have taken her to, they performed all the same exams, tried doses of antibiotics. Her behavior doesn’t change and they told me once again that they really don’t know what else to do, what other tests to run.
They’re at a loss- it’s very frustrating because I just want to help her but they can’t find anything wrong with her. She just regurgitates a lot, she’ll nap a lot too throughout the day. I don’t know if it’s heart related? They ran x rays and it all came back clear. I’m unsure /:

I’m trying some melatonin first in her water- if she continues then I’ll do the injections, unfortunately it doesn’t stop. I don’t know if to maybe get her another lovebird but she’s already 8, so i don’t know if it’s too late or if it’ll make the issues worse.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I'm so sorry. You've really tried with 4 different avain vets and even x-rays. So no enlarged ovaries or follicle?.

With weight loss and night eating and night regurgitation. I'm not familiar with love bird hormonal if that would include night time ,( like pretending she has chick)

Poops look normal?

Did they check for yeast,? Or consider a round of antifungal?

I commend you for being a dedicated owner. Really wish answers were available.

Last edited:

Csolis22

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Constanza
I'm so sorry. You've really tried with 4 different avain vets and even x-rays. So no enlarged ovaries or follicle?.

With weight loss and night eating and night regurgitation. I'm not familiar with love bird hormonal if that would include night time ,( like pretending she has chick)

Poops look normal?

Did they check for yeast,? Or consider a round of antifungal?

I commend you for being a dedicated owner. Really wish answers were available.
Yep, all x rays came back super healthy.
They’ve tried the anti fungal and the yeast. She is now at a healthy weight again.

I tried melatonin and now she’s finally relaxed and not regurgitating as much but she is napping more.

I wish I knew what more I can do