• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Severe Macaw Breeders

MarkJ

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
MJ
Hi everyone. I'm MJ, new to the site. I as actually trying to look for good Severe Macaw breeders in the Virginia or Surrounding areas. I've seen a few online but they look to be bigger breeders and some do not have the best reputation. I'm always willing to drive wherever but if I purchased a baby I would much rather be closer to it. No rush, I still have time, just wanted to explore my options. Thanks

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Have you considered helping a bird in need already out there? You know, instead of contributing to the over bred homeless parrot population?

MarkJ

Real Name
MJ
Sure. I have no problem adopting either. My dogs and budgies are. Do you know of any main sites that I can look at?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
A lot of rescues list on Petfinder.com. That might be a good place to start. :)

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
There are a lot of severe macaws in rescue. They're one of the most rehomed parrots out there (at least in my area) I think it's because people think they're cuter, smaller, more easy going versions of the large Macs but that couldn't be less true lol. I have an 11 year old rescue severe and he is way more work than my blue and gold. I have yet to meet any one who has had a baby severe and kept it past puberty. Luckily with rescue I got my guy after he went through puberty so I knew what I was getting.

MarkJ

Real Name
MJ
Thank you guys very much! I start looking to adopt