• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Several birds stolen from local rescue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazoncrazy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Melissa
Sorry guys i wasn't sure where to post this but wanted to get the word out right away. Amazing grace rescue where i volunteer had several birds stolen from them. We had a location in springfield illinois and the ppl there dissappeared with the birds. They had been our second location for over five years but recently we had been having trouble getting them to communicate with us so the owner was going to go pick up the birds. She got there to find out that the house was completely empty. The neighbors told her that the ppl left with the birds last weekend.

im not at home now so ill have more information later but right now i know that there was one red vented, two umbrellas, and two mollucan toos. There was also a greenwing and a blue and gold macaw and a few conures.

Please cross post this. The police are already involved but they left no forwarding address and could be anywhere. I know the husband was working in north or south dakota and I believe that he was going to be moved to florida in jan.

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
How horrible! I'll keep an eye out on Craigslist here in IL...

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Oh, that is AWFUL! Those poor birds...I hope everything turns out ok. North Dakota isn't far from me, (and by that, I mean under 5 hours hehe) so I will keep a lookout for some birds there. Do you know what kind of conures? I'll watch kijiji too.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
That is awful. I hope they find them

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Melissa, that is so awful. Did they at least take real good care of the birds while they were taking care of them? Do you think the poor birds will be safe and treated well until these people are found? I am saying prayers for their safe return.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Melissa I hope they find them, my prayers are with them.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
That is horrible, what terrible people!!! They will get theirs in the long run!!!!!

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
Were these people fostering the birds? Or were they more closely connected with the rescue? I hope they find them soon!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
ugh.....I hope the birds are found quickly.

amazoncrazy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Melissa
Sorry I haven't been back on. Had a dart tournament this weekend so I've been really busy. I just talked to the rescue though and have good news. The husband of the couple has been in contact with us and we are working on getting the birds back. They are not back home yet though so Id appreciate continued good thoughts and prayers until they are safely returned. I'll keep you guys up to date one whats going on.

brazilianangel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sue
Aww poor birdies :( I hope they are returned soon. Good to see you guys managed to get in contact with the husband.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
That is awful!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.