• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Setting up for a Quaker

rjbar46

Moving in
Real Name
Robert Brooks
Hi everyone, just a note to say hi.
I have a 10 month old female Quaker arriving next Saturday, I'm in the process of setting up her home and have some questions and would like opinions please.
She will have a nice large living area for when I am not home, but when I am home she will will be with me. My area in the living room is the area I would like to have some inputs on. As you can see in the picture I have a window area that I was thinking of incorporating into a home built perch/play area. My question is - dose the rule of not allowing the bird to sit on you head apply id she is not sitting on my head, but is above it on a perch while I am skiing on the couch. I wont let her on top of my head while I'm sitting, but what if she want to be on the couch back or the perch?
Also is making the windows accessible to her through my DIY perch a good idea? (yes the table will be cleared and the vase will be relocated)

Thank in advance for your input and knowledge.

Bob.

IMG_5662.JPG

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Bob! :starshower1:

Maybe you could buy or DIY a large floor stand to put where that table is? You could hang toys from it and your bird would be able to climb up and look out the window :)

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA! :greet7: