• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Senior foods

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Do any of you know of any bird farms that specialize or make their own bird mixes? Me and my husband were talking about this the other day and wondering if anyone on here might know of a place that migth make a senior blend for our older special birds.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I know I buy senior nutriberries for my amazons.

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
:bump8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Senior's blend? Food is food. They might need a little less from less activity but they still need the same nutrients. Possibly more.

I also wouldn't trust someone who has their own homemade recipe for making food. No research, testing or verification of whats in there. Too much of some stuff. Too little or none of other things.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have seniors here, they eat the same as everyone else does,,,

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I know I buy senior nutriberries for my amazons.
I give my tiel senior nutriberries also. @srtiels suggested that I try giving them to Sunny after he had his stroke and seemed to be having periodic "episodes". They contain milk thistle and other herbs and supplements that are supposed to be good for older birds. Although I had to chuckle because the Lafeber website said cockatiels can reach senior status at 7-10 years. :blink: I think they might be a little off on that........

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
It's Bracken Bird farm in Redlands ca. They bag and sell their own bird food and make mixes specialized to the bird type. They have ones for large birds like Macaws and Amazons and stuff for lovies even stuff for wild finches and sparrows that they sell. I get kinda worried about them though when I have gone in that is why I haven't bought any food from them. I did get Gracie's new cage and some perches from them but that was about it. I just get a strange vibe when I go in there unlike Magnolia Bird Farm when i got Gracie and BoBo. I walked in there and I just got all kinds of happy. My husband had to stop me from wanting to buy the place out. I am going to be making the trek to Magnolia this weekend to see if they have some of the toy stuff I want and a bigger cage for BoBo possibly... no the husband doesn't know lol. Me and grandma decided to let BoBo be a free range in the mornings for a few hours then let Gracie out for her play time with mom.