• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Senegal parrot

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Hi there ,Iv just joined the forum ,I’m hoping to find a Senegal parrot youngun to keep me company and to spoil ,I know all the pros and cons but Iv always been good with animals had a lot of chickens and a pig at one point in life now I’m living on my own for first time in a long time and I’d rather not get a dog if anyone can help me please feel free to give me a call or send a message thanks 07967885960-John

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Thanks,..but I can’t be a bonfied member without a parrot ,but I’m trying been trying for weeks holding out for the Senegal but proving hard to find one

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
I see you got a proper parrot ...they are beautiful but trying to make a good impression on my new neighbours else I’d get a big ol bird as well

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I see you got a proper parrot ...they are beautiful but trying to make a good impression on my new neighbours else I’d get a big ol bird as well
I’ve got two proper parrots ;) one at each end of the size scale!!
I probably should add my mini noise maker to my siggie lol.

It might help if you can list the general area you’re in so people can recommend places in your area to search for your new bird.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:welave:
Good luck on finding the right bird for you.

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
I’m in Coventry but I don’t think that would help as I’m searching all over the uk,even looked in Northern Ireland today and I’m gona hit Scotland hard Monday ...when I get an idea I have to fulfill it drive 200 mile once because the girl I was seeings cat died so I tryed to get a duplicate ...cat was about as opposite in personality as you could get cost £15 for cat and £90 on fuel and a 10 hour round trip but ...I when I’m on a mission I’m on a mission and I’m fully focused on operation parrot

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Yeah the noise is the only real doubts in my mind ...I had cockerels once neighbours would say they hear them in the morning and I’d say I hear your kids at night ..how long have you had your parrots for ?,..they get on well ?,..would like to get 2 from different gene pools so they could grow up together and keep each other company from a young similar age but the struggle for one is hard enough...for all who see though I will show you how committed to the cause I am ..just your postcode and il be there

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
That’s where I need the help Camelot ,..the right bird after research for me I think is the Senegal I like the sound of its traits and character it’s locating one ,..I thought about rehoming peoples 3/4 year olds and maybe that will happen but I’d like to bond and teach from early as possible

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Keep an eye on Birdline: Birdline Parrot Rescue

You should also have a read of this post: Baby to adult. Will they still love me?

To put it bluntly, buying a baby is no guarantee that they will continue to like you as they grow up. Young birds stay with their parents for some months to years, but as they get older they're drawn to leave the family group and find their own friends and potential mates. A young bird who sees you as mum/dad may well choose a different person as their favourite some years down the line. Unfortunately this is a common reason for parrots being rehomed.

Adolescence and teenage hormones can be rough on both parrot and their human family. Adopting a mature adult bird means that you have a much better sense of its temperament. All parrots are individuals so getting matched with the right adult takes some of the guesswork out.

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Yeah I get what your saying but i choose to live the single life for a change/while I dream of teaching it to play chess ♟️...I’m sure we’d get along fine I got a big house for the wee thing to have the run of and if you’d seen how me and the pig and chickens used to get along you’d have good faith ,..always thought nothing better than watching the pig play with the chickens with a whisky In the garden on a hot summers day but maybe the parrot could come close

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
I will check your links out now though cheers for that

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue John 1.welcome signs.gif

,even looked in Northern Ireland today and I’m gona hit Scotland hard Monday
I thought the borders were still closed?

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
I mean il phone up all the exotic shops there I can find ,..there’s a few open in uk so thinking Might be a Scottish Senegal I’m destined for ,..would rather it be delivered but if I have to and I can il pick it up

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Join the Parrot Society: The Parrot Society UK
They keep a list of breeders and birds bred each year

Unfortunately it's the wrong time of year to look for a young bird. Most parrots in the UK seem to breed in late spring to early summer, so this year's offspring are already a good 6-9 months old. Most will be in new homes already.

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Thanks il look into that parrot society yeah I heard i did get told by someone to phone them back in a few months and might be in look ...another place quite local said someone had had some and said they would be back in a few weeks to the shop to sell them them ...I asked to put down a deposit but she said I can’t till they have hold of them themselves so that is my main hope now not gona count my chickens so to speak or get my hopes to high yeah a 6 month old would be great I think but yeah like you say they be regimes by now if they were put up for it

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yeah, but law says neighbors have to listen to loud children with no recourse. Same is not be said for parrots. :banghead:

Johncov

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
thanks everybody I was going to call them Monday Zara but low and behold a pair of Senegal’s was put up for rehoming this morning so I got them being delivered next Saturday ,..can’t wait gota say cheers for all your efforts people ,...now you can all tell me how to look after one