• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Send birbs

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Im lost!

Shilpa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shilpa
Ummm??? Should I send photos?

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel

PunLover

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessie
Here's a whole bunch of pics from over the years- you can see the progression. Chatterbox, the grey one, started off in the big cage in the others before she got so aggressive, though she was initially taken out due to being bullied. The small purple cage is their hospital cage, and was being used temporarily before I got a bigger one once it was clear she could not go with the others. Discourse spent some quarantine time in there, and I decided to see if she wanted him as during that time she would keep chewing her cage and staying to the side when her cage was next to the big one. I later figured out she was trying to get to the others to attack them and being next to them was stressing her out. So, Discourse went into the big cage with the other 3, where he quickly bonded with ChitChat, the shyest one. Chatterbox initially had a very pale face that brightened up a lot after her first moult. She also loves being by herself.
Her cage is currently on top of the big one and is around a third of the size of it, where she stays in constant breeding condition, and attempts at reintroduction outside the cage have so far failed. The pic of her next to Discourse was a couple of minutes before she decided he should not be near her, and I no longer attempt reintroductions. She also tries to bite the feet of other birds if they land on her cage and follows them chirping angrily.

Attachments

PunLover

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessie
Btw, my birds are afraid of my camera, especially this one- it's so hard to get pics of her or anything. She's shy, skittish, and last time she got out while cleaning she just stayed on a small ledge behind my desk for nearly an hour before I could get her back in. Not exactly trainable. XD She makes no attempts of coming out when the cages are open for exploring and singing at the window. She only gets out if I accidentally get my hands too close while cleaning or something, and am not standing fully in front of the cage door. The bird net doesn't help when you've got a bird hiding behind a desk, so I only have about 6 pictures or her, 3 of them of her in the same spot. That's why she looks so scared in the pictures. They're also all deathly afraid of the colour red.

Attachments

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Something about cockatiels are so cute especially their little nares! :loveshower:

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
We are sending birbs to ur phones to admire! ;)

Puddles02

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Not Bill lol
Wow so many birbs! Kayosa's budgies look a bit like mine