• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Selling a used HQ cage, toys & accessories (Chicago)

HKsai

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Timothy
Sadly my cockatiel Regi past away because of gout last winter. I've decided to sell the HQ wrought iron cage (black) for a cheap toys and the accessories. I have a lot of stuff, toys, FeatherBrite cage top lamp (the expensive one with the night light). I've only used the cage for 4 months so it is like new for sure. PM me for more information. I attached a few pictures so you guys have some ideas of what I'm selling. Thanks!

Attachments

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm sorry to hear about your loss of Regi he was very young. I don't mean to be rude, but are you quite sure you would never consider another fid? IF you are absolutely positive you do not want another fid, please PM me about your bird supplies. I am definitely interested.

HKsai

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Timothy
I'm sorry to hear about your loss of Regi he was very young. I don't mean to be rude, but are you quite sure you would never consider another fid? IF you are absolutely positive you do not want another fid, please PM me about your bird supplies. I am definitely interested.
oh no not at all! honestly I just don't know if I can get so attached to an animal and then have them leave me so early again Holding Regi and having him past away with my in my home is probably the most painful thing i've done as dramatic as it sounds. The shame that I get from not recognizing it early enough and not being able to extend his life took a toll on me. It took me 4 months now to consider and make an effort to sell his stuff. Probably this just shows how lame my single life is but having a little animal standing on my shoulder and showing affection to me just makes it that much harder to get another fid.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
oh no not at all! honestly I just don't know if I can get so attached to an animal and then have them leave me so early again Holding Regi and having him past away with my in my home is probably the most painful thing i've done as dramatic as it sounds. The shame that I get from not recognizing it early enough and not being able to extend his life took a toll on me. It took me 4 months now to consider and make an effort to sell his stuff. Probably this just shows how lame my single life is but having a little animal standing on my shoulder and showing affection to me just makes it that much harder to get another fid.
Not lame, dear, you just do better with companion creatures and if you look at this forum there are an awful lot of us here. I was just sad that Regi had gout, mainly because I've always associated it with old people. That said, one of my Quakers came to me and was diagnosed as having gout & given meds by one vet. Since then, Dr. Sakas re-checked her and pretty much said she didn't need the meds any more - the change in diet must have done that. Loofa will be 6 this August.

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Never say never.

Give yourself more time to heal and maybe consider getting a larger bird as they tend to live longer. Jody, my GW Macaw will be turning 26 in a few months.

alcmene

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm so sorry for your loss. It definitely isn't "lame" to be gutted by the loss of a beloved pet. I still miss my dog that I grew up with, and she's been dead for 30 years!

I make this suggestion gently, but I would hold on to your stuff. You have a beautiful cage, travel cage, toys, etc. Anyone who invested enough- in money to buy all that stuff AND in time to learn what was needed to make a bird hapy- to have all of those things, is someone who cares deeply about pet birds and their well being. The fact that your birdie had a fatal illness isn't your fault, it's just one of those horrible freak things. You clearly provided for him very well. Keep your stuff. Pack it away if you need to, so that looking at it doesn't cause you pain. But hold on to it. Anyone who loved their bird that much, will always love birds. Once you've had time for your heart to heal from your loss a little better, you'll find another fid that will benefit from the love you have to share.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
You are absolutely, positively sure that you want to do this? I have some young (I believe little boy tiels) if you wanted to have another fid ... I'd hate to find that you got rid of your cages and bird supplies and then fell in love with another fid ...

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I am so sorry for your loss. Please give yourself time to heal. Loss is so heartbreaking - someday the memories of that little bird's life and the time you shared together will mean more to you than the loss and the grief you now feel. I hope someday you will be able to bring another feathered friend into your life. :hug8:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
i'm so sorry for your loss

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Loss always hurts.

I agree with the others about holding onto your things.

Have you thought about volunteering at a rescue? I think if you just see the eyes of those out there, you may discover a best friend. Many are waiting for someone like you to come visit.

You could make an impact. It could be the difference of an existence vs living a life for the parrot that chooses you.

I am truly sorry for your loss.