• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Seizures in Pineapple Conure :(

Mizza

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi Everyone,

I’m feeling really lost, sad and afraid. My pineapple green cheek conure isn’t doing so well :( He first started having seizures this morning (it’s after midnight now) and they’ve been going on and on. I was so scared and I’ve called so many vets to try to have him seen. He’s been sleepy all day and his balance is off. I finally managed to get him in for a late appointment with the avian vet. They suggested l get lab work done to see if any internal damage, which l agreed to because his seizures have been getting worse. They prescribed medication for him too, and now he’s very lethargic and is sleeping at the bottom of his cage (I padded it so that he’s comfy).He seems really out of it after the vet—is this normal? I’m worried that l caused only more stress to him and that it might have made it worse? :( He’s not really moving and l want to just let him rest right now, but I’m scared of waking up tomorrow and not hearing him with me anymore :( has this ever happened to anyone?? Having a bird with seizures?? What helped? Is there any hope for my little guy? :(

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Taking him to the vet was the right thing to do. What medication did they give? I hope he will be ok.