• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Second pbfd test came back

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Hello everyone,

I promised in my last thread to let you know the result when the second test came back! Sisi her second test came back negative this time. Though I'm somewhat relieved that this test came back negative, I'm still quite unsure about it. This because of the symptoms she seems to have that can be quite compatible with pbfd (disformed feathers, weird colorings and such things). And I read that it's really hard to get a false positive.

Could this mean she is a carrier? And would it be a good idea to test her again in a few weeks/months? I ask this because the knowledge in the Netherlands on this isn't quite extensive.

Thank you so much in advance!

Greetings from me and Sisi :cag:

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would test again in a few months! Continue to use great caution and your usual decon techniques. Even if she is able to survive it, she would probably always be a carrier.

Last edited:

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
I would test again in a few months! Continue to use great caution and your usual decon techniques. Even if she is able to survive it, she would probably always be a carrier.
Will definitely do that then! And I will continue to use great caution, I stocked up a bit on F10 so this will be no problem!
Thank you so much for the advice!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I think it is wise to eliminate any possibilities if secondary diseases with PBFD, if that really is the case with Sisi. Remember that if she really is positive, then she will be in good care in your hands. Like other people said, she might be a carrier. You have all the support here!

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
I think it is wise to eliminate any possibilities if secondary diseases with PBFD, if that really is the case with Sisi. Remember that if she really is positive, then she will be in good care in your hands. Like other people said, she might be a carrier. You have all the support here!
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm really so glad to have a place like AA :hug8:

Reading through this I really hope the first test was in fact a false positive.
I really hope so too! :unsure1: