• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SeaWorld-Discovery Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Hi, if anyone lives in Florida, or plans to visit FL, if you go to Sea World, they have some aviaries at Discovery Cove that have mousebirds.

Here is some: Discovery Cove mousebird - Google Search

I believe they have Speckled, Blue-naped, and White-backed. I think they may also have a few of the only white-headed species left in captivity in the US.

I spoke to a lady that visits regularly, and many of the mousebirds are so tame they will fly on you. Her favorite is Jack, an old-timer there.

If anyone does visit, can you take LOTS of pix's? I would love to see the way the aviaries are setup.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I called and at certain times,FL residents can get a pretty good deal on a non-dolphin swim package. For this month, on certain days, you can go for $99. to a non dolphin swim, and you also get a pass to Seaworld. The nice thing about Discovery Cove is only 1,000 people are let into the park, and 1/2 of those will be going for the dolphin swim, so it's not overly crowded. The price includes all amenities including food.

SDavies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
i wish i lived there!

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
We plan to go to Sea World NEXT winter for our 25th. I would love to see that

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Sea World was awesome, the best part of our trip to Florida last June. Definately a must see.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
The dolphin show included Macaw's and Conures. It was just a wonderful show. We enjoyed Sea World more than Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.