• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Searching for a home for a Patagonian Conure

CooperSinc

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Steph
I’m still searching for a good home!

After 3 years of going back and forth on whether this is the right decision for both me and my parrot, Cooper, I have decided to seek a new home for him. I recently lost my other parrot and it has devastated my world and Coopers. I work 3 jobs and travel to Alaska almost monthly as well as internationally for months at a time yearly. Having two birds made me feel like they would keep each other company while my life became more and more complicated. Now that I only have one I realize I am not being and cannot be fair to Cooper in providing him the life he deserves and needs. It breaks my heart knowing I cannot give him what he deserves and I desperately want him to have a home that has the time to provide the mental stimulation and love that a parrot needs!

Cooper is 14 years old, loves belly rubs, fetching, kisses, pasta, and wrestling under covers. He is also pretty moody, loud, and bossy (he's a very typical Patagonian Conure). I am looking for someone who has past parrot experience, is preferably over 30, and owns their home. I am willing to drive within 300 miles of Missoula, MT and could fly with him just about anywhere for a home that was a perfect fit. I am not willing to compromise on his next home, will have a contract, need 3 references (one being a vet).

Attachments