• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Seagrass Baskets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Does anyone here recall the fabulous seagrass baskets from otherlivingthings.com - and in turn carried & sold by many toy web stores?
They came in several sizes, and were totally different than the 'new' seagrass baskets that are currently sold at many on-line stores.

I've searched through my bookmarked toy stores, but no luck.
I know they were discontinued a long time ago, but had heard a rumor that the original seagrass baskets are back and available again.

Any vendors here that have them?

Doris

birdsafe

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Arbogast
Be careful with baskets you get from craft stores and stores like pier one -- many of them are sprayed with formaldehyde and other agents and are not suitable for birds!

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Be careful with baskets you get from craft stores and stores like pier one -- many of them are sprayed with formaldehyde and other agents and are not suitable for birds!
We don't buy or use anything from craft stores for our birds...never have, for exactly the reason you stated.

We trust parrot toy supply stores to carry & sell bird-safe items. That's why they're in business, offering great items for our birds.

Doris

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Ann at CA Bird Nerds has a 4" seagrass basket. She would probably be your best source on what is available for things like that.

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Ann at CA Bird Nerds has a 4" seagrass basket. She would probably be your best source on what is available for things like that.
Yes, I know the type she carries...same as what most on-line stores have. We're looking for the original type, made with flat strips of seagrass. The distributor at one time was: forotherlivingthings.com

The new style baskets are ok, but our larger birds really loved the first ones that came on the market years ago.

Thank you. Had a private email that big beaks bird toys might have them, and sure enough, they do...
here is the type I was referring to:
Small shredder bowls: Other
Doris

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Hey Doris, coming up for air here! LOL! It's a bummer that FOLT is no longer selling those. I heard it was because they felt they lost quality control with their distributor but I wonder if they just felt it wasn't worth the time they were putting into it. You could call them and ask!:) Chris does have some nice stuff but still not what FOLT was carrying. I wish someone would bring back the FOLT stuff but they were bringing it directly from China...I don't have a budget for that.

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Hey Doris, coming up for air here! LOL! It's a bummer that FOLT is no longer selling those. I heard it was because they felt they lost quality control with their distributor but I wonder if they just felt it wasn't worth the time they were putting into it. You could call them and ask!:) Chris does have some nice stuff but still not what FOLT was carrying. I wish someone would bring back the FOLT stuff but they were bringing it directly from China...I don't have a budget for that.
Hi Jen...when you say 'Chris' do you mean Bigbeaks???
If so, I *thought* the SMALL baskets looked exacly like
the old ones from FOLT. ?? (but then again, I need glasses, lol)
I had called FOLT a year or more ago, was told the quality was no longer there. (mold issues is what we were told).
Thanks Jen - appreciate it.
Doris

Status
Not open for further replies.