• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

SE Wisconsin - Brook-Falls vet

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I've been taking my birds to Dr. Bloss at Brook-Falls Vet Clinic since they opened and highly recommend them. There are several avian vets, including the only board-certified avian vet in WI, Dr. Scott Ford, although I haven't met him (I've always been happy with Dr. Bloss and the birds seem to trust her).
They are also very good about providing next-day appointments for even minor health concerns.

Brook-Falls Veterinary
Hospital & Exotic Care

N48 W14850 Lisbon Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
t: (262) 781-5277

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you for the recommendation.

Matt

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Well admittedly my birds have only been there for well-bird checkups and a mild crop infection but I am always pleased with how they handle the birds gently, always give next-day appointments if there's any health concern, and they do see a lot of birds judging by the waiting room. I (thankfully) have not taken a seriously injured or ill bird there.
My old budgie did have some health issues including tumors and Dr. Bloss was able to save his whole wing when he had a tumor on his wingtip ulcerate and start bleeding. So I am very thankful to her that he didn't have to spend the rest of his life effectively pinioned (he was a bird who loved to fly) - but that was when she was a vet at New Berlin Animal Hospital.