• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scrunched up feet

DianneJ

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, Im fostering a Ringneck. She has her feet all scrunched up and is using her beak to pull herself around. Could this be nerve bruising? She is eating and drinking okay. Any ideas at all?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
What does the vet think it is?

There is more than one thing that could cause the situation you describe but without knowing more about the bird it’s hard to guess- a vet would be the best person to ask this question to I believe.

What do you know of the birds history?

DianneJ

Checking out the neighborhood
What does the vet think it is?

There is more than one thing that could cause the situation you describe but without knowing more about the bird it’s hard to guess- a vet would be the best person to ask this question to I believe.

What do you know of the birds history?
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately all I know is that the person that took the bird to the sanctuary said that one day she was flying and walking around their garden and then the next day she was pulling herself around the grass by her beak so they took it to the centre who examined her and said that there isn't anything broken. They haven't took her to the vets and asked me to foster her to see if she gets any better. They are very experienced people at the centre. She seems happy enough and is moving around the cage by using her beak. I have pinched her feet to see if she responds and she does, so they aren't numb. Her wings are all in tact and I have felt her spine which she doesn't make any distress sounds to so I'm really hoping it is that she has dive bombed onto the grass and bruised herself. xx