• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Screeching

Babzy

Checking out the neighborhood
My budgie started making very loud screeching mainly towards late afternoon off and on till I cover him up for night around 8pm. He never did this before he is 5 years old. He doesn’t let up And I don’t know how to help him.

Last edited:

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Is he a single budgie?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Maybe spend some one on one time with him before bed time. Perhaps an hour of your time reading or just talking with him. Play some calming music while you do this in the background.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Is he too warm or too cold? Yes, try playing him some music or refreshing his seed/food and water, and maybe give him some millet.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@budgieluv3 What's on the playlist? An anti-screaming playlist sounds amazing. I've tried Bach with my two, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
Budgies seem to have blocks of time when they are most vocal. For Sam and Scout it is in the morning or when there is a lot of background noise. Screeching seems to signify either "pay attention to me" or "I am tired". Is it possible that it is either of these 2 things?