• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Screeching as soon as the honeymoon period ended.

Haroobom

Strolling the yard
This week my cockatiel Glamor has been screeching, he is a little over 4 months old I know it's not from hunger since he gets chop as soon as he wakes up and basks in the sun and in the evening he gets seeds and pellets before going to sleep. He does it whenever I check on him, after I take him out of the cage and when he sits on his perch and I glance at him. He was aviary raised but after 10 days he warmed up to me and quickly picked up Clicker training. Also his poops, drinking and feeding have been normal throughout me keeping him. Glamor

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Is it that same noise every time?
Do you leave food available for him all day?

Haroobom

Strolling the yard
Is it that same noise every time?
Do you leave food available for him all day?
Yes, its always that same noise. He hangs out on the balcony (screened) and flock calls the neighbor's birds, but as soon as I come out to check on him or feed him he does this sound. He always finishes his food but when he doesnt I just throw it out and replace it with new one in case it's soiled or he wasn't that into it.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It sounds to me like the baby static noise they do when wanting a feed either for comfort or because they’re hungry.
Hopefully some other members will offer you their opinions too.

Haroobom

Strolling the yard
It sounds to me like the baby static noise they do when wanting a feed either for comfort or because they’re hungry.
Hopefully some other members will offer you their opinions too.
Yeah, I've read about that too but food is always available since he is so young and he wasn't hand raised and does not like me touching him besides him stepping up.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He’s most likely doing that because he wants comfort, not because he is hungry. Do you have any formula or any other food you can warm up and offer on a spoon? He will grow out of it, but it might take a few weeks. What a cutie he is!

Haroobom

Strolling the yard
He’s most likely doing that because he wants comfort, not because he is hungry. Do you have any formula or any other food you can warm up and offer on a spoon? He will grow out of it, but it might take a few weeks. What a cutie he is!
I do not have any formula as I got him at 4m/o From what the breeder told me he was 100% parent raised and did not like handling at all. Which was true as he is barely getting used to being handled from indoor to outdoor cage. Could warm pureed chop work ? It contains apple, broccoli, spinach, carrot, celery, etc.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I do not have any formula as I got him at 4m/o From what the breeder told me he was 100% parent raised and did not like handling at all. Which was true as he is barely getting used to being handled from indoor to outdoor cage. Could warm pureed chop work ? It contains apple, broccoli, spinach, carrot, celery, etc.
@Tiel Feathers ? @Ripshod ?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I suppose the warm chop could work, just toss it when you are done so it doesn’t grow bacteria. Maybe try softened pellets with warm water if your bird eats pellets. Any other soft foods your bird will eat might help.