• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Screaming

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Glad they are doing better upstairs as the screaming got better then ?
Sorry for the late reply!

In the beginning, not really it was more of a cool-down for all of us to gather our minds and do some chores that need doing. Spending time with them upstairs instead of downstairs did help, they were happier and because our budgies have been Ill and in our bedroom in hospital cage they had the run of a bird room unsupervised, that really helped teach them independence. That with continuous training and immediately rewarding all good noises, well it is starting to pay off after months of struggles and little victories. It is like we finally turned a corner, I couldn’t be happier.
I was reluctant to post because I felt I would curse myself but hey, this bird would have killed my hand a month ago if I tried to ask him to hop on my hand. Now he asks for scratches and I just melt once a day! Yes, I cried the first time he cuddled up to my hand :swoon:
the screaming is SO much better and improving and they seem WAY less aggressive towards the macaw. I am so proud of them. I think they finally feel like they are in control and don’t have to be afraid they will be forced etc. Floki literally just put his beak to my finger and leaned in, I softly pet his beak and he sat like that for a long time.

Right now Floki is sitting like this:heart:
8FFDE90E-2DBC-4D7A-A103-EB39F2F9E64A.jpeg