• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Screaming before Sneezing

issajoy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
Hi everybirdie!

This is Ollie. She's a sweet baby girl, she's 9 months old now and I can't believe it! She loves to play and eats well, and really overall is very well behaved.

IMG-1576.JPG IMG-1489.JPG IMG-1517.JPG IMG-1528.JPG

But for some reason, every time she has to sneeze, she will SCREAM before hand! It's so strange, I'm not sure if she's just confused about feeling the oncoming sneeze, or if it's paining her somehow?

It's probably nothing but I just find it so weird! She is very dramatic, but girl its just a sneeze!!!!!

Any thoughts/experiences/advice are appreciated :D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Has she had a vet visit yet? This would be a thing to discuss with them at a wellness check

issajoy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
Thank you guys!

They are dry sneezes, usually about two or three after she screams.

She had a wellness check when we first adopted her in November, all her test results came back fine and the vet said she is very healthy.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
She may have been healthy in Nov., but things change with time. I wonder if she has something stuck in her nasal or sinus cavities.

issajoy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
Hey guys, sorry it took so long for me to follow up on this. I spoke with the vet, thinks because its dry sneezes and she screams before the sneeze, its a behavioral/mimicing thing (like how some people go AAAAAAAAAH-choo), didn't see a need to bring her in. He said to keep an eye on it if she starts screaming after a sneeze would indicate pain or if the sneezes become wet.

Thanks for all your support! Hopefully she will grow out of this weird behavior