• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Screaming at swinging toys

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Hey guys!!! Ben and I have been MIA for quite a bit but I need to know what in the world he’s doing this for. He’s kind of always done this but it’s gotten worse lately and I’m just noticing how odd it is. He will purposely fling a toy so that it starts swinging and then he crouches under it and screams as if he’s being attacked. I have tried rearranging the toys/ cage and he still finds a way to do this and he will do it with almost any toy. I don’t know why he insists on making himself a victim

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m not sure about that behavior, maybe a hormonal behavior? I’m glad to see you and Ben are okay. I’ve missed your wonderful photos of him!

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My previous B&G Macaw would get her toys swinging & then scream. It's play. She'd also say "ouch, stop that", if they swung back & hit her.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Frankie swings his toys real hard but doesn't always duck so when he gets hit he goes into attack mode and screams at it while he's flinging it around.
Yes, he is a nut.

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Too funny to see he’s probably just playing like this :roflmao: I work night shift and his screaming is unfortunately keeping me from sleeping during the day so I guess I’m off to try to find ways to sleep through the screaming

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I think Burt watched too many of your videos when he was a baby- he has the exact same playing style :laugh:
That's Kailua.... it's ONE of her MULTIPLE personality playstyles. It's no fun unless it bruises your face yah know.

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
Walter would do exactly that but his purpose was to get the toy to give him head skritches. So I would adjust the toy so it just barely rubbed his head. He would play like that for hours. Just watch the heavy toys. Walter once gave himself a black eye by trying to do that with a heavy toy.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Walter would do exactly that but his purpose was to get the toy to give him head skritches. So I would adjust the toy so it just barely rubbed his head. He would play like that for hours. Just watch the heavy toys. Walter once gave himself a black eye by trying to do that with a heavy toy.
Aww Walter :heart: . That's so sweet about the scritches Nala would do that as well. Oh yes Tobias did that as well he would swing like a wild man from his toys and constantly whack himself in the face.