• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Scratching and beaking

Staatsbrat

Moving in
Real Name
Robin
Hi I’m trying to figure out a behavior - Baby takes one foot and slowly kind of scratches-grabs at the couch or pillow while staring at me sometimes. Wondering if this is possessive, aggressive or just touchy-feely inquisitive? Lately, when he get on my lap he beaks my stomach. Although he hasn’t bitten, admittedly it makes me a little nervous. Thoughts?

Staatsbrat

Moving in
Real Name
Robin
Hi I’m trying to figure out a behavior - Baby takes one foot and slowly kind of scratches-grabs at the couch or pillow while staring at me sometimes. Wondering if this is possessive, aggressive or just touchy-feely inquisitive? Lately, when he get on my lap he beak-thumps against my stomach. Although he hasn’t bitten, admittedly it makes me a little nervous. Thoughts?

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Sweden my Goffin does the same thing. One leg out, toes grabbing at whatever she's near.
I think at times it's an invitation for fun as it's often followed by hopping about in circles.
And yes, nips can follow when the little Too gets too wound up.

Not too sure about the beak thumping, that I've not seen.
I do see lots of beak shovel running. Beak down on couch, Too takes off running.
Have no idea what that means though.